PH 8

TA 80

CH 160

CYA 70

Borates an estimated 50

Temp 100

Pool Calculator 0.03

Is the PH of 8 a concern?

Draining half the water would get the CYA correct, but I don't want to. Is there a compelling reason I should?

There are no - and I mean no - issues with water quality, clarity, odor, FC drop, misc. build up, etc. The water is due for a change in two months.

Yes.

Draining half the water would get the CYA correct, but I don't want to. Is there a compelling reason I should?

No. You need to maintain a relatively higher FC because of the high CYA, but if it were my tub I'd just live with it until the next water change.

--paulr

Stats:

FC 2

PH 8

TA 80

CH 160

CYA 70

Borates an estimated 50

Temp 100

Pool Calculator 0.03

There are no - and I mean no - issues with water quality, clarity, odor, FC drop, misc. build up, etc. The water is due for a change in two months.

Your CYA is not bad now, but just keep in mind if you continue to use Dichlor, it will continue to rise. As Paul said, it will help to keep a higher FC. However, that will only cause the CYA to increase faster. Catch 22. Have you considered using the Dichlor/Bleach method? You could switch to bleach now, and your water would last about twice as long as if you use Dichlor.

As far as your pH, lower your TA to 70 ppm by adding acid. If your pH still stays high, lower TA to 60 ppm. However, if you're using Dichlor, keep in mind your TA will eventually decrease anyway. So don't lower TA too much, or you'll have to rasie it again with Baking Soda.

Your CYA is not bad now, but just keep in mind if you continue to use Dichlor, it will continue to rise. As Paul said, it will help to keep a higher FC. However, that will only cause the CYA to increase faster. Catch 22. Have you considered using the Dichlor/Bleach method? You could switch to bleach now, and your water would last about twice as long as if you use Dichlor.

Yes, I should have said I was assuming bleach, or at least no dichlor.

--paulr