Figured Out What Was Wrong With Water, But Have Another Question?

Hi I posted back in November abour cloudy water. We tried everything, nothing worked, turned out that the ozonator wasn't working at all, and we are on the pro-clear system, and I guess you need them both present and working for the water to stay clear. Now I am happy to say that my water is sparkling clean. :D There does seem to be a mystery though that no one can explain. We put CAL into the water to reach the water hardness desired, but for some reason when the water is tested (numerous times) it shows no water hardness at all. Like there was never anything added to the water.

I decided to do it my way, and instead of putting it in in small quantities like the hot tube people advised, I put it in by the capfuls, and currently it is where it is supposed to be. So does anyone have any idea why their way wasn't working? why would the water never have a hardness factor?? They thought water softener was being used, but we don't have that on our water. No one could figure it out, they still can't. I figured someone here could.

Thanks

Jo