Hi Nitro And Chemgeek

LauraG

It has been a while since I've needed your help!! Things have been going quite smoothly with the hot tub, until last week. I had been following the 'plan' quite well and had no trouble at all. My husband has the rash that he had last winter, but I thought it was 'just him'. Last week ( Wed) a couple of our friends were over, and the next day they both say that they were very ithcy and had rashes. I did not.

My readings were pretty good before we got in, I added Purox afterwards( the same routine that has worked all these months).

The only thing I can think of that I did NOT do was add MPS for a couple of weeks beforehand. I had been shocking with MPS weekly, but ran out , so just shocked with Purox. Do you think that the FC was too low by the end of the evening? The TA and the pH were fine just before we got in. I did not check while we were in, but we weren't in as long as usual. Perhaps 1.5 hours or so. I shocked with MPS on Thurs. and was in for quite a while on Sat. and no ill effects.... I feel kind of badly that my friends woke up itchy and scratchy! They called my husband and told him it was the Purox, and they can't come in the hot tub anymore.... I don't believe it was the Purox....but perhaps the 'lack' of it...?