Help, Fiberglass Pool Has Water Bubble Underneath

lbenn

:(

We just moved in to a house in Bonita Springs and it has a built in swimming pool with a fiberglass liner. Underneath the liner is a big bubble in the middle filling with water. How do we drain the water and is the fiberglass pool ruined? My husband is doing the work, but I say if he doesn't act soon, the water will continue to ruin the pool. Help! Anyone know what we can do??

Thanks!

P.S. He tried using a pump to pump the water.

• 1 year later...
:(

We just moved in to a house in Bonita Springs and it has a built in swimming pool with a fiberglass liner. Underneath the liner is a big bubble in the middle filling with water. How do we drain the water and is the fiberglass pool ruined? My husband is doing the work, but I say if he doesn't act soon, the water will continue to ruin the pool. Help! Anyone know what we can do??

Thanks!

P.S. He tried using a pump to pump the water.

Was the pool already drained or did you drain it? Is there a leak in the plumbing or could you have a high water table. If you drained the pool on your own and there is no plumbing leak you have a high water table and you better start putting the water back in it at least half way full so your pool doesn't float or crack. The pool should have a gravel sump underneath it that attaches to a pipe somewhere in the concrete at the deep end of your pool. If you have one that's great because it will relieve some of the hydrostatic pressure under the pool.