Pool Builders In Alexandria, Va/washington, Dc/maryland

lrcharest

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have good/bad experiences with Anthony-Sylvan, Blue Haven or Allegro Pools in my area? Thanks, Linda

Allegro built our pool last summer. I had my moments of aggravation--which were sometimes with Dave and sometimes general aggravation that might be more properly be aimed at our landscape contractor, who "oversaw" the pool build as part of a bigger complete landscape renovation.

In the end, we got a beautiful (but simple) pool, which was built quicker than anyone could have believed. (It was designed in early May, and we were swimming in mid-July.) And any time I call Dave with questions about my pool, he's very responsive. We are now considering having Allegro install solar heat for the pool.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I called Allegro and Dave came over to give me an estimate. Very personable and helpful, but he was going to build a 700 square foot pool when that far exceeded Fairfax County zoning regulations and he never heard of a grading plan. Another website said it's a red flag if the builder isn't familiar with zoning regulations. I reviewed all my estimates and sent out an email inviting them to revise their estimates. The revised Allegro bid for a 550 sf pool wasn't much cheaper.