What To Look For In A Liner?

I have acquired a hole in my liner. It’s about 18" from the bottom of the pool. I know this cause I let the pool drain out over winter time and that’s where it stopped at. My local pool store told me I could patch the hole and even gave me some advice on how to find the hole. None of which worked. Our current liner is printed and starting to fade, so I figure I might as well replace the liner instead of 1) searching for the elusive hole/leak or 2) keep topping of the pool every couple of days.

So my questions are what should I look for in a pool liner? Printed or not? Thickness? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did not see a FAQ.

If you are goin for a new liner I would strongly suggest in going with a beaded liner. A beaded liner offers a better fit. It will prevent uneven & unnecessary stretching that usually happen with overlap liners. It also offers faster replacement if you ever have to change it again for any reason by not having to uninstall the entire top half of the pool. I also recommend a geotextile to offer a bit more protection for the bottom. 20 mil liners are fine. IMO CGT offers the best vinyl to liner makers. Check out CGT for a maker near you http://www.cgtpoolliners.com/