Spillway Calcium Buildup

What's the best way to remove and then better maintain calcium deposits on the face of a spa spillway?

My hardness readings are pegged after 3 years. Been told, only option is to drain and refill which I'm OK with. Our water is hard.

While I'm drained looking for best way to remove deposits without damaging tile & grout.

Thanks,

Mark

What's the best way to remove and then better maintain calcium deposits on the face of a spa spillway?

My hardness readings are pegged after 3 years. Been told, only option is to drain and refill which I'm OK with. Our water is hard.

While I'm drained looking for best way to remove deposits without damaging tile & grout.

Thanks,

Mark

Your only way is to maintain your spill way is to stay on top of it.. The calcium builds up from your water drying on the spillway over time. If your spillway has tile on it. I would not use any of the tile cleaner on the market at your local pool service store they contain sulfuric acid which will eat at the glaze of the tile and harm the shine of the glaze on the pool tile. Stay way from. The best product is vinegar straight out of the bottle onto a nylon brush or tooth brush, the "smell" well you get use to it and the water in the spa will dilute it or wash with the hose when done. Or can use CLR also use a stiff nylon brush or tooth brush work well. If build up is thick try a single edge razor blade. This can be a timely job depending on the size job. but once finished maintain regularly and your spillway will always look great!!! This will work for you I managed a pool tile warehouse for 20 yrs I know. You should not have to drain the water. If your water is hard its hard new or old water. Thanks Blake :D

Thanks,

Mark

Your only way is to maintain your spill way is to stay on top of it.. The calcium builds up from your water drying on the spillway over time. If your spillway has tile on it. I would not use any of the tile cleaner on the market at your local pool service store they contain sulfuric acid which will eat at the glaze of the tile and harm the shine of the glaze on the pool tile. Stay way from. The best product is vinegar straight out of the bottle onto a nylon brush or tooth brush, the "smell" well you get use to it and the water in the spa will dilute it or wash with the hose when done. Or can use CLR also use a stiff nylon brush or tooth brush work well. If build up is thick try a single edge razor blade. This can be a timely job depending on the size job. but once finished maintain regularly and your spillway will always look great!!! This will work for you I managed a pool tile warehouse for 20 yrs I know. You should not have to drain the water. If your water is hard its hard new or old water. Thanks Blake :D

Thanks so much, I will heed your advice....

R/Mark