Caldera Price Quote

Gocalvin

I got a price quote of $7,800 for either a 2008 floor model C45S or Tahitian. Includes steps, but I also want to negotiate in a cover lifter. I already wet-tested the Tahitian (love it), but need to go back to wet test the C45S.

Thoughts on the price?

I would do the Tahitian over the C45S any day. That is an extremely low price for the Tahitian, so low that I wonder if it is last year's model or some other reason for the discount. The stereo on the C-Series is not very impressive and it will eventually have problems.

I got a price quote of $7,800 for either a 2008 floor model C45S or Tahitian. Includes steps, but I also want to negotiate in a cover lifter. I already wet-tested the Tahitian (love it), but need to go back to wet test the C45S.

Thoughts on the price?

I would do the Tahitian over the C45S any day. That is an extremely low price for the Tahitian, so low that I wonder if it is last year's model or some other reason for the discount. The stereo on the C-Series is not very impressive and it will eventually have problems.

I'm always in favor of skipping the stereo in spas, no matter the brand.

As far as the lifter goes, ask for the lifter to be thrown into the deal they gave you (even if it seems like a good deal already) to see what they say. If they say "no" I'd ask for $100 off what they're asking (or $100 in store credit which is usally more palatable to them) as part of the deal to see what they say. All they can do is say no again but at that point I'd get it anyway, you really want one.

Just to clarify, both are 2008 floor models.

The C-Series is like an introductory, price-point brand, the Tahitian is the top of the line, Utopia Series, with all of the bells and whistles. The Tahitian has the SpaGlo lighting system, air blower, nicer control panel, auxiliary control panel, and the EnergyPro System. The C-series has none of that, but does have a stereo. The Tahitian usually retails closer to $9000, so I think you are getting a much better deal with the Tahitian, because the C45S does not seem to be discounted at all.