Sundance Capri Heater/thermostat Acting Up?

My tub is nearly 3 years old and has been working perfectly up until now. Recently, we've had a few incidents (every few weeks) where the temperature displayed starts rapidly jumping from 102 to 103 to 104 to 103...etc. and the heater will be clicking on an off. this isn't normal. Then we can either set the temp. way down for a few seconds and it'll settle down or turn power off then back on and it will be okay. does anyone know if this is the beginning stages of the heater or thermostat acting up? Probably many people wouldn't even notice such a thing until their unit fails, but our tub is in a sunroom that my wife sleeps in so the clicking on and off is immediately bothersome to her. Thanks for any feedback.

My tub is nearly 3 years old and has been working perfectly up until now. Recently, we've had a few incidents (every few weeks) where the temperature displayed starts rapidly jumping from 102 to 103 to 104 to 103...etc. and the heater will be clicking on an off. this isn't normal. Then we can either set the temp. way down for a few seconds and it'll settle down or turn power off then back on and it will be okay. does anyone know if this is the beginning stages of the heater or thermostat acting up? Probably many people wouldn't even notice such a thing until their unit fails, but our tub is in a sunroom that my wife sleeps in so the clicking on and off is immediately bothersome to her. Thanks for any feedback.

Did you buy the spa new?

Did you buy the spa new?

yep, bought it new almost 3 years ago I believe. Capri 880 Series...has been great, I'm just wondering if this odd thermostat functioning suggests total failure on the way.

Did you buy the spa new?

yep, bought it new almost 3 years ago I believe. Capri 880 Series...has been great, I'm just wondering if this odd thermostat functioning suggests total failure on the way.

The spa is under warranty more than likely its going to be temp sensor or circuit board i am leaning towards the board from what your telling me you should contact the dealer you got it from they may charge you a small trip fee but the labor and the parts are covered.

• 2 months later...

Did you buy the spa new?

The spa is under warranty more than likely its going to be temp sensor or circuit board i am leaning towards the board from what your telling me you should contact the dealer you got it from they may charge you a small trip fee but the labor and the parts are covered.

yep, bought it new about 3 years ago I believe. Capri 880 Series...has been great, I'm just apprehensive if this odd thermostat activity suggests absolute abortion on the way.

The spa is beneath assurance added than acceptable its traveling to be acting sensor or ambit lath i am aptitude appear the lath from what your cogent me you should acquaintance the banker you got it from they may allegation you a baby cruise fee but the activity and the locations are covered.

Thermostat