Refurbished Tub Question

andyj

So I am yet another person searching for a tub! Been reading many of the forums here, have been to see many tubs (sundance, hotsprings, limelight, calspa, clearwater, arctic, jacuzzi). Wet tested a few, only one I liked so far was the clearwater beachcraft but at over 10K it's out of my budget. Hope to wet test an Arctic and a calspa next week as well. The Arctic I was looking at is a refurbished, and yes I need to ask more questions about it =). It's a summit LE, probably a 2006 model, has the metal shell that had problems so they put the spray stuff on it (like rhinoguard I guess?). I love the feel of it dry but obviously need to wet test it. My understanding is all new jets, onzen system, cover and forever floor included though I will need to purchase the lift, delivery also, with tax I was quoted about $8500. Really can't afford more than around 7500, and don't know how much the dealer is willing to work with me on that end. I know list price for a new one is 16,200 . . . any opinions? Only other negative (which I understand the soak and enjoyment of the tub itself is most important) is I personally don't like the look of the grey shell. It would be going on a covered patio that has been stained a dark brown, so not sure how great it would look. I will also wet test the calspa and another clearwater one possibly next week. Thanks for any help!