Help Me Decide Between Two Used Spas

bthessel

Ok, I am trying to decide between two used spas that are available on Craigslist, a 2003 Sundance Cameo or a 2004 Caldera Geneva Utopia. The Caldera is a little more expensive but only a couple of hundred. Both are filled and look to work well. The Sundance is owned by someone that used to be a spa tech he says and he is replacing the circulation pump on it before he sells it. This will be my first tub so I am looking for opinions.

Ok, another tub is up on Craigslist, a Calspa Escape. It's manufacture date is 03/07 according to the owner, it is indoors in a sun room, he just bought the house and after a month decided he doesn't want the spa that came with the house. He's asking 2500 for it. This seems like a better deal than the older ones but I am unsure. I just don't know enough about the manufacturers.

Ok, another tub is up on Craigslist, a Calspa Escape. It's manufacture date is 03/07 according to the owner, it is indoors in a sun room, he just bought the house and after a month decided he doesn't want the spa that came with the house. He's asking 2500 for it. This seems like a better deal than the older ones but I am unsure. I just don't know enough about the manufacturers.

Its tough to say with used spas because some used spas are kept up well and others maybe not as much so you have to be there to see.

I'm not a big fan of Cal but since there will be no warranty with any of these spas maybe the Cal is a good deal.

Its tough to say with used spas because some used spas are kept up well and others maybe not as much so you have to be there to see.

I'm not a big fan of Cal but since there will be no warranty with any of these spas maybe the Cal is a good deal.

Would the Cal not have the original warranty still since it is less than 2 years old?

Would the Cal not have the original warranty still since it is less than 2 years old?

No debating it, non transferrable!

Often people assume it is and the spa owner may say it is but this is very standard, only applies to original owner.

Learn something new every day. :). You would assume on a item with that size price tag that has a definite purchase/manufacture date it would be transferable. Thanks for letting me know.

I bought the Calspa today. We went and looked at it and it was in great shape, there was not a mark on it and everything worked like new. The owner had the receipt from the original purchase by the previous homeowner, it was purchased 17 months ago. It was funny, I know more about it than the current owner, he knew which button turned it on and that was about it. Now I just have to get it home, get an electrician to hook it up, and give it a good cleaning (the water in it was low, a little green, and just a hint of a dirt ring in the tub.)

I bought the Calspa today. We went and looked at it and it was in great shape, there was not a mark on it and everything worked like new. The owner had the receipt from the original purchase by the previous homeowner, it was purchased 17 months ago. It was funny, I know more about it than the current owner, he knew which button turned it on and that was about it. Now I just have to get it home, get an electrician to hook it up, and give it a good cleaning (the water in it was low, a little green, and just a hint of a dirt ring in the tub.)

I suggest you buy a new filter and superchlorinate it when you have it hooked up. Good luck.