Tru Tile Liner

clarkm72

Looking for additional information on Tru Tile liners.

I will be replacing my liner this spring on an in-ground 16' X 36' Grecian pool. While researching liner option on the internet I came across Tru Tile liners that allow for a 6" tile to be installed along the water line.

Does anyone have experience with this liner?

Does anyone know much additional these liners are (material & installation)?

Additional information: I will be installing a DE and salt water chlorinator as well

Any information is appreciated

Clarkm72,

I don't know much about them, but, being the president of a liner manufacturer, I always wondered what they did at the skimmers and steps. I talked to one of my dealers and he said they just stop the tile there. Sounds a little tacky to me.

If you are like me you aren't a big fan of the fake vinyl tile you find on 99% of all liner pools. The alternative is to have a pool with all bottom material. Most homeowners don't know it, but any liner manufacturer offers this style of liner at a small upcharge (ours is about 5%).

Hope that helped

Jeff Kayden,

Kayden Manufacturing, Inc.

I have some experience w/ TruTile, insofar as we had 2 pools installed in summer '07. The first went horribly wrong and our builder agreed to rip it out (deck and all) and replace it at his cost. We opted for TruTile on the first pool and were not happy w/ the finished product. The screws which secure the tile track weren't properly sunk, causing some tiles to bulge outward. So we decided against TruTile for the second pool.

Admittedly, this was probably poor install work by a builder that had alot of problems on the first pool. Also, it was the first time our builder ever installed it. That caveat aside, TruTile just became commercially available in summer 2007 (it's made by Latham, the same company that built our polymer pool wall kit). I'd ask your builder how many TruTile systems he's installed and ask for photos of the finished work - better yet, names and addresses of customers who opted for it, then call them and ask if you can visit and inspect the work.

Just my advice. If you don't like it you'll have to remove it and the liner and replace the liner.

p.s. If you go w/ TruTile, note that the manufacturer's installation guide specifically calls for a two-part epoxy grout. Make sure your builder follows these specs.