Considering A Used 2000 Sovereign

ggsteve

Hello All, I have found a 2000 Hotspring Sovereign trade-in at a dealership for $2695 delivered (plus tax). The dealer is providing a brand new cover and pneumatic lift. She said that if it has an ozone generator, it's from 2000 and it's dead (pretty honest).

My questions:

1) Is this a fair price from a dealer for a tub that old?

2) Are there any other things I should look out for when buying a used spa, generally or specific to this model/brand?

Thanks in advance. Oh, I will have the opportunity to wet test it.

Hello All, I have found a 2000 Hotspring Sovereign trade-in at a dealership for $2695 delivered (plus tax). The dealer is providing a brand new cover and pneumatic lift. She said that if it has an ozone generator, it's from 2000 and it's dead (pretty honest).

My questions:

2) Are there any other things I should look out for when buying a used spa, generally or specific to this model/brand?

When getting a spa from a spa owner you really need to worry about whether it works properly and does not leak which is why its always best to see them in operation but when from a dealer generally they've refurbished them to some degree and checked them out to be sure all operates properly but the key with this is I would insist on at least a 60 day warranty. As long as it has the warranty then you can feel more reassured that it operates properly. I would also want new filters BTW.

My questions:

When getting a spa from a spa owner you really need to worry about whether it works properly and does not leak which is why its always best to see them in operation but when from a dealer generally they've refurbished them to some degree and checked them out to be sure all operates properly but the key with this is I would insist on at least a 60 day warranty. As long as it has the warranty then you can feel more reassured that it operates properly. I would also want new filters BTW.

Thank you spa guru, I put a deposit down on the tub yesterday. I only got a 30 day warranty but I did wet test it and everything works save for one sticky spin jet that they are replacing. It's been running at the dealership for about a month. I am getting new cartridges but I paid a little extra and got the ceramic cartridges that you can wash in the dishwasher. The spa did not have an ozonator but they split the cost with me ($150 each) to put in a Hotsprings Freshwater III corona discharge ozonator, and they are setting me up with a starter kit of chenmicals at no charge (the stuff with the silver ions???). Now I just have to wait until I can dig my old, dead spa out of the snow. Does this deal sound alright? I hate spending $3000 and not getting good value (like last time).

Thank you spa guru, I put a deposit down on the tub yesterday. I only got a 30 day warranty but I did wet test it and everything works save for one sticky spin jet that they are replacing. It's been running at the dealership for about a month. I am getting new cartridges but I paid a little extra and got the ceramic cartridges that you can wash in the dishwasher. The spa did not have an ozonator but they split the cost with me ($150 each) to put in a Hotsprings Freshwater III corona discharge ozonator, and they are setting me up with a starter kit of chenmicals at no charge (the stuff with the silver ions???). Now I just have to wait until I can dig my old, dead spa out of the snow. Does this deal sound alright? I hate spending $3000 and not getting good value (like last time).

I mentioned 60 day not knowing you were able to wet test it and that its been running on the dealer floor which means a lot so the 30 day warranty sounds fine. You can get used spas cheaper from spa owners but they come with much bigger question marks and you bought a quality product. Paying $150 for a new quality CD ozonaor was a good move too.