Repair Help Needed On D1

newmedia

few month ago here in austin Tx after rain storm My D1 chairman II ultralife 2000 year model was tripping the breaker.

I disconected the heater wires at CPU controller and it came on with all the pumps running without the heater connected.

few days ago while I was surfing ebay, I saw a 2003 D1 chairman II parts being sold , so I made a deal with seller for all his parts except the cover for $550 shipped, I am hoping these parts I bought will fix the problems.

These are the parts I got for $550 shipped fromNJ

CPU controller with heating element attached/GECKO

CPU valve controller with 5-6 valves/GECKO

2 top side controllers made by gecko

circulating motor

4 HP motor

fan

I should be getting these next week and I need your feedback on how to trouble shoot the problem, I have not used the spa since it broke down few month ago.

PS, we had rain storm came by last night and when I looked inside the top side controller with 7 push bottons , their was one inch water inside so I unscrewed the screws and I am letting it dry out. this spa came with the house when I bought couple years ago and I never owned any type of spa in my life so I am newbie to maining the spa of any type.

what shoud I check first ?

dry out the top side controller even the water was inside, I opened up the controller and it was covered with see through gel protecting the circuit ...should i replace with NEW gel after drying it out?

replace the top side controller than heater, is heater hard to replace?

does water from the tub has to be drained first?

any help would be great.

thanks.

I would replace the top controller first. Water in that is not a good thing. I have a 2000 D1 Californian and have never had any problems with getting water in the top side controller. There are some instructions here on how to replace it. http://www.easyspaparts.com/howto.asp I have bought some smaller parts for my D1 from these guys and they have been great. If your going to replace the heater I would empty the tub if not all the way at least below the heater which would probably be about 2/3rds of the way. Let me know if you need anything else.

Joe

I would replace the top controller first. Water in that is not a good thing. I have a 2000 D1 Californian and have never had any problems with getting water in the top side controller. There are some instructions here on how to replace it. http://www.easyspaparts.com/howto.asp I have bought some smaller parts for my D1 from these guys and they have been great. If your going to replace the heater I would empty the tub if not all the way at least below the heater which would probably be about 2/3rds of the way. Let me know if you need anything else.

Joe

thanks Joe

I received the all the parts today, every thing looks almost new condition since the tub was inside the house, will work on it Sunday and hope its easy fix and thanks for the link.

Joe

thanks Joe

I received the all the parts today, every thing looks almost new condition since the tub was inside the house, will work on it Sunday and hope its easy fix and thanks for the link.

i worked on this project today , it became more involved since the top controllers used different pin/size connectors to the main CPU even the spa model were same , mine was 2000 and parts I bought were from 2003 spa.

I changed the main control board , heater, top side controls just today, one of sensor wire was different pin config. so I just cut the wire and reconnected using correct pin connector to the main board.

I will try to finish it up on Monday , filling it up and hopefully it will run and heat the water.

please let me know if I am doing this type of repair correctly.

thanks

I am stuck...

I filled the water and turn on the circuit breaker

the top control pad asked replace the filter and push logo for 3 seconds to reset the filter.

I can not get out of this display no matter what I push , nothing ...no jet1. jet2, pump...

seems like the cold water is heating up which I will know by in couple days.

DSCN0055.jpg

please give me some correct steps to fix this repair

thanks

update.

was able to fix this problem, I wired the top side controller wrong.

I now have trapped air on both jet pumps.

I found a 1/2 inch screw at pump, I unscrewed it to let the air out

It worked for jet 1 pump BUT jet 2 pump is turning but not blowing the jets in the water..

what else can I do fix this ?

thanks

update.

was able to fix this problem, I wired the top side controller wrong.

I now have trapped air on both jet pumps.

I found a 1/2 inch screw at pump, I unscrewed it to let the air out

It worked for jet 1 pump BUT jet 2 pump is turning but not blowing the jets in the water..

what else can I do fix this ?

thanks

I have had this problem to sometimes i have had to unscrew the unions at the main pumps until just water comes out. Also did you fill it where the filters go? You should always fill it where you put the filters in. I also have some screws in between the filters I take these out when filling. I think easy spa link i gave you before has filling instructions. Also if all else fails just try running the jets on low for 30 seconds then high for 30 seconds and repeat. This has worked out for me in the past also....

Joe

thanks joe.

I been doing that 30 second on and off procedure, for couple days and still no luck

I new to spas, never owned one until now.

do you have of photo of where the union is and how to shut off the valves on D1?

I fellow the procedure as your per your link, so far I am very happy with the all the parts I bought used , just me that have no idea what I am doing other than hoping I get some good advices from the forums.

thanks

thanks joe.

I been doing that 30 second on and off procedure, for couple days and still no luck

I new to spas, never owned one until now.

do you have of photo of where the union is and how to shut off the valves on D1?

I fellow the procedure as your per your link, so far I am very happy with the all the parts I bought used , just me that have no idea what I am doing other than hoping I get some good advices from the forums.

thanks

The union is right where the shut off valves are in the main equipment panel. you should be able to unscrew these and let air come out until water pours out. I have 4 shut off valves in mine and they are the ones I unscrew to allow air out. If that doesnt work i'm not sure what else would help. except maybe to empty it and a refill using the instructions on easyspaparts.com