Cleanwater Blue + Chlorine?

G-Dub

Allright guys, so here's another question...

I drained and refilled my tub using cleanwater blue, my pH, TA and copper levels are all in the ideal range.

After reading the helpful threads here, I'm considering adding a chlorine component, using dichlor and bleach. What would you guys recommend as target ranges for CYA and FC? I'm presuming I can use considerably lower levels given tha the cleanwater blue system is in effect as well.

Copper (or silver) does not oxidize bather waste so the general rule of every person-hour of soaking at hot (100-104F) temperature requires 7 ppm FC in 350 gallons to oxidize it still holds. The only thing that Clearwater Blue, or N2, or Spa Frog would give you is somewhat more safety in soaking with a low amount of sanitizer. You still need to add chlorine or MPS as an oxidizer after your soak to get rid of the urea and ammonia from your sweat and urine (among other things). So there is no change to following [http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13634]Nitro's Approach to Water Maintenance[/url] except that during your soak you are at lower risk not having sanitizer. It's not as low a risk as having sufficient sanitizer in the water during the soak, but it's less risk than if you were not using any metal ions at all. Technically, silver ion would be better at preventing bacterial growth; copper is better at preventing algae growth which is not usually a problem in spas.

Richard