Limelight Pulse Vs J-300 Series Vs Hot Springs Vista

The wife and I are shopping around and we are overwhelmed with the choices out there. I love the J-375 but it seems a bit too expensive for me.

The Pulse is cheaper and the wife really likes the light show. I am not sure how the price markup works in the spa industry and am wondering how to approach the negotiations. Could someone tell me what a fair and reasonable price would be for a Limelight Pulse? Also, is it common to ask for extras such as steps to be thrown in?

Basically, I want to get a good price without looking like a cheap jerk.

Any advice from dealers or customers out there?

The wife and I are shopping around and we are overwhelmed with the choices out there. I love the J-375 but it seems a bit too expensive for me.

The Pulse is cheaper and the wife really likes the light show. I am not sure how the price markup works in the spa industry and am wondering how to approach the negotiations. Could someone tell me what a fair and reasonable price would be for a Limelight Pulse? Also, is it common to ask for extras such as steps to be thrown in?

My approach would be to be straight-forward and honest with each dealer. I'd tell the Hot Spring dealer something like:

"I'm interested in the Limelight and the Vista but I've also been looking at the J300 which I really like that as well and I've asked that dealer to get me the best deal he can. I really need to know what your absolute best offer is so I can compare all the spas I'm looking at before I make a final decision".

Then tell the Jacuzzi guy the same thing and see if either budges from what you’ve been quoted. If they don't budge much/at all maybe its because they've already given you their best deal. Competition often brings out the best pricing.

There is no such thing as a cheap Jerk! You are a potential spa customer and there are many options out there.

Try to find the spa that really fits you needs the best and then try to get the best deal on that spa. If it ends up being more than you can afford, then look at your second choice. Dont jump right from an A spa to a D spa. Do your best to get whatever spa brand and model you feel is best for you.

There are a few good brands out there, but they are only as good as the local dealer and support.

Check out Hot springs, D1, and Sundance. Start there find the best you like and see if you can afford it. I dont mean the off brands that there parent companies may own. Just check out those three first.

Understand what Limelight is, its a low end spa built by a high end name. I know I will get hit for this but it is true. It is a brand that is really only a year old, it is not a tested brand. In that first year they have changed the insulation, delt with lighting problems, and worked thru mechanical problems. This spa was designed with low cost materials like metal frames and is being outsourced in Mexico to take advantage of lower labor costs.

It was intended to be a low end Watkins brand. Why do you think the salesmen talk about lights and not the other koolaid tactics that watkins is famous for.. It is a price spa only.. Sizzle and no steak.

It is backed by a good company, if it was not it would have failed allready.

I would never suggest that anyone buy a car or tv or any appliance in the first year or years it is made, hell we dont even know if it will make it past the warranty.

Take your time, I believe the deals will only get better over the next few months.

There is no such thing as a cheap Jerk! You are a potential spa customer and there are many options out there.

Try to find the spa that really fits you needs the best and then try to get the best deal on that spa. If it ends up being more than you can afford, then look at your second choice. Dont jump right from an A spa to a D spa. Do your best to get whatever spa brand and model you feel is best for you.

There are a few good brands out there, but they are only as good as the local dealer and support.

Check out Hot springs, D1, and Sundance. Start there find the best you like and see if you can afford it. I dont mean the off brands that there parent companies may own. Just check out those three first.

Understand what Limelight is, its a low end spa built by a high end name. I know I will get hit for this but it is true. It is a brand that is really only a year old, it is not a tested brand. In that first year they have changed the insulation, delt with lighting problems, and worked thru mechanical problems. This spa was designed with low cost materials like metal frames and is being outsourced in Mexico to take advantage of lower labor costs.

It was intended to be a low end Watkins brand. Why do you think the salesmen talk about lights and not the other koolaid tactics that watkins is famous for.. It is a price spa only.. Sizzle and no steak.

It is backed by a good company, if it was not it would have failed allready.

I would never suggest that anyone buy a car or tv or any appliance in the first year or years it is made, hell we dont even know if it will make it past the warranty.

Take your time, I believe the deals will only get better over the next few months.

Going to chime in on this one. While I respect your position that 1st runs can have issues, I feel that the Limelight line is a great buy for the money. Just because it's built in Mexico and has a metal frame doesn't mean its a bad product. Nor is it a "low end tub". I throughougly reserached the components, and I the reason I bought it it were a) great "bang for the buck" B) favorite tub I wet tested c) purchased from a great dealer. You give up some on the warranty, but its still a better waranty than many tubs in my opinion considering a lot of the warranties I read which were pro-rated etc.

I will say that the original tubs did have an issue with the lighting controller. Mine was no exception - this is a $40 part covered under warranty. Mine will be exchanged next week. Other than that, the tub is perfect - and I feel it gives better therapy than the Sundance, Hotsprings, and Caldera models I wet tested.

Now I understand only time will tell - but that's the price of early adoption - you don't have the certainty of other established models. However, of one thing I can be certain right now: I would have paid over $2k more for an "established" line - and I didn't even like those tubs as much. To me, thats a no brainer.

Well I'm just curious why this person is asking about the limelight vs. Jacuzzi......but is recommended to go look at D1, Sundance, and Hotspring??

Is there something wrong with Jacuzzi? I have to say I'm kinda interested in one, as a matter of fact the J375...

To me, the assuming it is "comfortable", the Jacuzzi has just as much quality as the others.....

full foam, dedicated circ pump, the cabinet material feels better that the others (this is obviously unsubstantiated), the shell seems really strong, I love the bottom shell vs. wood,

I noticed most of the other quality spas don't do individual inside the shell led lights....although limelight does....

But the light show comes from the lighted pillows, bottom light and waterfall...

Is jacuzzi up there with D1, Sundance, and Hotsprings etc?