Vita Spa Cabaret

lordmars

My Vita Cabaret arrived November 3rd 2008. The store said “10 degrees per hour heating!” Most other companies only claim 4 to 7 so I knew I had found the unit for me. The spa holds 420 gallons with 84 jets! On the down side it takes 220volt 60amp service but I got all the options save the $800.00 AM/FM radio. It is comfortable and had only minor problems to be fixed after delivery. 2 of the jets were installed backwards and one needed replacing.

I live in Florida so heat should not be an issue but it is. Heating the spa only delivers 1.5 to 2 degrees per hour. When the outside temperature is less than 45F the spa may actually loose temperature with the heater and motors running. I called service to have them fix what I thought was a defective heater. The service tech arrived and told me that recently built Vita Cabarets only have a 3kw heater down from the older models 4.5kw. Do not expect to get 10 degrees per hour even with a 4.5kw heater. I can not yet say what it will do to my electric bill. Vita needs to return to the 4.5kw heater if they want to sell this unit. I am considering returning the spa if they can’t get it to perform closer than 20% of what I was promised.

<<<Pete>>>

Do they have a return policy?

It doesn’t matter even if they refuse I can sue them for misrepresenting the product. They will take it back and give me a refund or I will take them to court. Florida law has several provisions for consumer protection.

Do they have a return policy?

It doesn't matter even if they refuse I can sue them for misrepresenting the product. They will take it back and give me a refund or I will take them to court. Florida law has several provisions for consumer protection.

See if they will or can put the 4.5 in it.

See if they will or can put the 4.5 in it.

As of yesterday they are trying to find a 4.5 that will fit the unit. Another drawback is that with the upgrades I currently have If I run the 2 main pumps (4hp each) and the Bubble seat (1hp) and the Symphonic Wave Seat (3hp) it turns the current heater off due to lack of power.

As of yesterday they are trying to find a 4.5 that will fit the unit. Another drawback is that with the upgrades I currently have If I run the 2 main pumps (4hp each) and the Bubble seat (1hp) and the Symphonic Wave Seat (3hp) it turns the current heater off due to lack of power.

My first spa was like that with the heater.is it that much of a problem in Florida?? here you can be in the spa when its zero out. that will cool a spa down fast lolol

My first spa was like that with the heater.is it that much of a problem in Florida?? here you can be in the spa when its zero out. that will cool a spa down fast lolol

When you have a 3kw heater trying to keep 420 gallons of water hot while exposed to cold air it just isint strong enough. The 4.5kw should be able to keep it hot in much colder tempatures. Here in Cocoa Beach we only have about 4 cold weeks so it is not such a big deal.