My Wavetec Experience

JayBMX

I have been reading on this forum and a few other about everyones huge problems with WaveTec Pools. I wanted to post and tell my story. I am apparently very lucky!

I, like many others, found this forum after I signed my contract with WaveTec. I was sweating bullets after reading all the posts and it was too late to back out with out it costing an arm and a leg.

I dont want to sound like I am rubbing it in that my pool is done. I was hopeing to easy some of your worries and let you know that it all came together after the long ass wait. I dont think people post unless their experience is bad/horrible. Anyway, hear we go....

I signed the contract with the dumb sales lady in early April. They told us 30 days and we would be swimming! Yea right!

Superior didnt get our loan togther until late June. Almost 3 months to do some paper work! Wow...

A few weeks after our loan went through I got a call from "Shep", our project manager. He seemed nice and said he would call every Tuesday to check up and let me know what was going on. Never heard from him again.

About a month went by and I got a random call from some redneck dude wanting directions to my house to deliver some parts for my pool. The next day there were stairs and a pallet of poolcrete in my yard, along with a bunch of other stuff. All that stuff sat in my yard for a few months.

I was trying my hardest to be patient considering all the stuff I have read online.

August came around and I was looking over my paperwork and I noticed my first payment was due but I never got an invoice. I called Superior and they said there was a computer glitch and they told me to go ahead and mail in my payment. I was like "that sucks, I dont even have a pool yet". BlahBlahBlah...

I then tried to call Shep, no answer, left a nice courtious message. Never got a call back. Tried again the following week, same deal. I guess Shep is really on his game!!!

About a month later, I got a call from a guy named Dennis... He said he was my builder and he wanted to come check it out. I was super skeptical, but he showed up with his crew and painted some lines in my grass... Same crap I have read on this forum. I didnt get my hopes up.

2 days later Dennis and his crew are back with a backhoe and they got busy digging the hole.

Dennis is THE MAN! He is from "the valley". A 6 hour drive to my area. He rented a hotel room near me and was all over my pool for about a week. Got the hole dug, the walls up, plumbing, concrete and backfill.

Then he noticed that WaveTec had not brought me all the parts he needed to move to the next step. He needed the light niche so he could finish the backfill and move on to the deck.

Dennis and his guys were very cool and I was very curious about what they were doing, so I watched and helped with almost every step.

It took WaveTec over a week to deliver the light niche and a few other parts he needed. Sucks, cause he had to rent and stay in a crappy motel only because the people at WaveTec suck at thier jobs.

The parts finally arrived and he got the deck poured and all that.

Dennis and his guys busted out the rest of the work over the next week...

They got everything hooked up and we started filling the pool!

Come to find out, they still hadnt delivered the Chlorinator and the Ladder for the deep end.

I am pretty handy so I told Dennis I would install the Chlorinator once it arrived. PVC is easy to work with.

Dennis was on top of them and got the Ladder and Chlorinator delivered the next week. I installed it all no problem.

We then realized they hadnt given me the automatic pool cleaner.

I called WaveTec and the operater told me I needed to speak to Jason Turner. Of course, he didnt answer, so I left a message, told him what was up... He never called me back...I tried again a few days later, same deal.

I called Dennis and he told me to call this other guy Mark. I did, left message, no call back. But the next day, I had a message from Jason Turner wanting me to call him back. Guess Mark cracked the whip!

I didnt get a chance to call him back that day.

Next day I get home and there is a package on my door step.

It is an automatic pool cleaner! wow! Thing is, it was used or somthing... Dirty as crap, no warranty card, no manuel and it was missing parts. Totally unusable! I felt very insulted!

I called Jason Turner and I think I got lucky and he didnt mean to answer the phone... He imediatly put me on hold... I waited on hold patiently for about 5-10 minutes. He clicks over and say "30 more secounds, we are looking into this".. my arse! Sounded like he was having fun with it, office joke. Lets see how long this guy will hold! I waited another 5-10 minutes on hold until I couldnt handle it any more.... I immediatly called back, no answer. It was about 5pm so I figured he split for the day and left me on hold... I left him a very angry message. I said "damn dude, with all the problems your company has, one simple thing and you might actually have a happy customer, but no..." I went off, but not too insulting, just stating facts that clearly made them sound stupid... A few mins later he called back. I went off on him... I was like "you guys got people sueing you left and right and Dennis saved your asses on my pool, just send me my damn robot..." I yelled at him for a few minutes and he said "so tell me what the problem is again" Wow! I told him about the dirty used robot they sent me and everything all over again... he said he would get to the bottom of it and call me back in 10-15 minutes. I said ok, and tried to chill out!

About 15 minutes later I get a call from Dennis! He said that WaveTec wants him to come out and look at the robot they sent me... I told him the deal and he showed up the next day. He said the robot looked used and it didnt have all the parts... I guess Jason thought I was lieing about the whole thing!

Dennis took the dirty little thing and packed it up and told me he would fedex it back to them and have them send me a new one asap.

2 days later fedex shows up with a brand new robot, with all the parts and warranty cards!

Finally its over!

THANK YOU DENNIS AUGER!!!

Been swimming almost every day since!

I was lucky on many things. I live on 5 acres so it was super easy to get equipment in and out. No worries about underground utilities or the neighbors fence and stuff like that. The concrete truck backed right up to the pool! I assume that elimated allot of possible problems.

If I had it to do all over again... I wouldnt. I love my pool, but it wasnt worth the headache and stress! I honestly feel lucky Dennis was my builder and not one of the many hacks WaveTec employs. I just hope I dont have to have any warranty work done! I doubt Dennis will be the one to do it!

This is just my experience. Being patient is the #1 thing that help me get through it...If I started stressing about 30 days and all that, I think I would have driven to Georgetown and .... well ended up in the pen!

My only advise to people with bags of poolcrete in there yard waiting to get thier pool started, is be patient. Hard as it is! Keep leaving messages at WaveTec, but be nice. I feel like my laid back attitude helped. But I really have no idea, since no one ever called me back.

And do everything you can to have Dennis Auger build your pool! His attention to detail made me feel alot better about it all. He is super nice and so are his guys!

If anyone has any question about the process, hit me up. I was right there every step of the way.. I could definatly build a pool myself now, thanks to Dennis....He was very informative and seemed glad to answer my questions and show me what he was doing.

Here are a few pictures I took during the build...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for reading my super long post. I hope this, at least, eases someones worries! You will swim! Someday, lol!!

You were extremely lucky to get your pool done within a year. I am a former employee (sales rep) and I know that Wave Tec is nothing but a scam. I sold pools for them beginning in March of this year and have not seen a dime from them. They owe me about $4000 in commission. My only source of gratification is that I am now participating in as many lawsuits against WT as I can. I have duplicated all of the materials that were given to me and am happy to distribute to any attoreny involved in WT lawsuits.

I have been reading on this forum and a few other about everyones huge problems with WaveTec Pools. I wanted to post and tell my story. I am apparently very lucky!

I, like many others, found this forum after I signed my contract with WaveTec. I was sweating bullets after reading all the posts and it was too late to back out with out it costing an arm and a leg.

I dont want to sound like I am rubbing it in that my pool is done. I was hopeing to easy some of your worries and let you know that it all came together after the long ass wait. I dont think people post unless their experience is bad/horrible. Anyway, hear we go....

I signed the contract with the dumb sales lady in early April. They told us 30 days and we would be swimming! Yea right!

Superior didnt get our loan togther until late June. Almost 3 months to do some paper work! Wow...

A few weeks after our loan went through I got a call from "Shep", our project manager. He seemed nice and said he would call every Tuesday to check up and let me know what was going on. Never heard from him again.

About a month went by and I got a random call from some redneck dude wanting directions to my house to deliver some parts for my pool. The next day there were stairs and a pallet of poolcrete in my yard, along with a bunch of other stuff. All that stuff sat in my yard for a few months.

I was trying my hardest to be patient considering all the stuff I have read online.

August came around and I was looking over my paperwork and I noticed my first payment was due but I never got an invoice. I called Superior and they said there was a computer glitch and they told me to go ahead and mail in my payment. I was like "that sucks, I dont even have a pool yet". BlahBlahBlah...

I then tried to call Shep, no answer, left a nice courtious message. Never got a call back. Tried again the following week, same deal. I guess Shep is really on his game!!!

About a month later, I got a call from a guy named Dennis... He said he was my builder and he wanted to come check it out. I was super skeptical, but he showed up with his crew and painted some lines in my grass... Same crap I have read on this forum. I didnt get my hopes up.

2 days later Dennis and his crew are back with a backhoe and they got busy digging the hole.

Dennis is THE MAN! He is from "the valley". A 6 hour drive to my area. He rented a hotel room near me and was all over my pool for about a week. Got the hole dug, the walls up, plumbing, concrete and backfill.

Then he noticed that WaveTec had not brought me all the parts he needed to move to the next step. He needed the light niche so he could finish the backfill and move on to the deck.

Dennis and his guys were very cool and I was very curious about what they were doing, so I watched and helped with almost every step.

It took WaveTec over a week to deliver the light niche and a few other parts he needed. Sucks, cause he had to rent and stay in a crappy motel only because the people at WaveTec suck at thier jobs.

The parts finally arrived and he got the deck poured and all that.

Dennis and his guys busted out the rest of the work over the next week...

They got everything hooked up and we started filling the pool!

Come to find out, they still hadnt delivered the Chlorinator and the Ladder for the deep end.

I am pretty handy so I told Dennis I would install the Chlorinator once it arrived. PVC is easy to work with.

Dennis was on top of them and got the Ladder and Chlorinator delivered the next week. I installed it all no problem.

We then realized they hadnt given me the automatic pool cleaner.

I called WaveTec and the operater told me I needed to speak to Jason Turner. Of course, he didnt answer, so I left a message, told him what was up... He never called me back...I tried again a few days later, same deal.

I called Dennis and he told me to call this other guy Mark. I did, left message, no call back. But the next day, I had a message from Jason Turner wanting me to call him back. Guess Mark cracked the whip!

I didnt get a chance to call him back that day.

Next day I get home and there is a package on my door step.

It is an automatic pool cleaner! wow! Thing is, it was used or somthing... Dirty as crap, no warranty card, no manuel and it was missing parts. Totally unusable! I felt very insulted!

I called Jason Turner and I think I got lucky and he didnt mean to answer the phone... He imediatly put me on hold... I waited on hold patiently for about 5-10 minutes. He clicks over and say "30 more secounds, we are looking into this".. my arse! Sounded like he was having fun with it, office joke. Lets see how long this guy will hold! I waited another 5-10 minutes on hold until I couldnt handle it any more.... I immediatly called back, no answer. It was about 5pm so I figured he split for the day and left me on hold... I left him a very angry message. I said "damn dude, with all the problems your company has, one simple thing and you might actually have a happy customer, but no..." I went off, but not too insulting, just stating facts that clearly made them sound stupid... A few mins later he called back. I went off on him... I was like "you guys got people sueing you left and right and Dennis saved your asses on my pool, just send me my damn robot..." I yelled at him for a few minutes and he said "so tell me what the problem is again" Wow! I told him about the dirty used robot they sent me and everything all over again... he said he would get to the bottom of it and call me back in 10-15 minutes. I said ok, and tried to chill out!

About 15 minutes later I get a call from Dennis! He said that WaveTec wants him to come out and look at the robot they sent me... I told him the deal and he showed up the next day. He said the robot looked used and it didnt have all the parts... I guess Jason thought I was lieing about the whole thing!

Dennis took the dirty little thing and packed it up and told me he would fedex it back to them and have them send me a new one asap.

2 days later fedex shows up with a brand new robot, with all the parts and warranty cards!

Finally its over!

THANK YOU DENNIS AUGER!!!

Been swimming almost every day since!

I was lucky on many things. I live on 5 acres so it was super easy to get equipment in and out. No worries about underground utilities or the neighbors fence and stuff like that. The concrete truck backed right up to the pool! I assume that elimated allot of possible problems.

If I had it to do all over again... I wouldnt. I love my pool, but it wasnt worth the headache and stress! I honestly feel lucky Dennis was my builder and not one of the many hacks WaveTec employs. I just hope I dont have to have any warranty work done! I doubt Dennis will be the one to do it!

This is just my experience. Being patient is the #1 thing that help me get through it...If I started stressing about 30 days and all that, I think I would have driven to Georgetown and .... well ended up in the pen!

My only advise to people with bags of poolcrete in there yard waiting to get thier pool started, is be patient. Hard as it is! Keep leaving messages at WaveTec, but be nice. I feel like my laid back attitude helped. But I really have no idea, since no one ever called me back.

And do everything you can to have Dennis Auger build your pool! His attention to detail made me feel alot better about it all. He is super nice and so are his guys!

If anyone has any question about the process, hit me up. I was right there every step of the way.. I could definatly build a pool myself now, thanks to Dennis....He was very informative and seemed glad to answer my questions and show me what he was doing.

Here are a few pictures I took during the build...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for reading my super long post. I hope this, at least, eases someones worries! You will swim! Someday, lol!!

You've only just begun. Get back to me in a year! Should've gotten someone else, you'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

The user by the name of "Wavetec sucks" didn't work for wavetec. I mean, he might have sold WT pools, but he didn't actually work AT wave tec. I think he just wants everyone to know that WTP owes him 4k, which they probably do. But I tell ya, I'm looking at your pool, and it looks like you might have some issues with that wall on the right......oh, and your deck is poured wrong. Other than that, it sounds like you had an AWESOME contractor, which is great! Now doesn't it make you sad to know that eventually, Wave Tec is going to screw him? Sad sad sad

I know I should have gotten someone else, thats the whole point, but it was too late!

What do you think will happen in a year? Are there common problems I should look out for?

Thanks