2 Speed Pump-recirculate 24/7 Or Not

philber

If it was my spa I would not circulate the pump 24/7. Do you use your spa at about the same time every day?

If so, here is one way you can set your spa. You can adjust the filter cycles for duration. Most normal home use I like 2 -4 hour cycles. The first cycle will start up 6 minutes after you power up your spa and then 12 hours after. If you use your spa say at around 7 pm in the evening, set the cycle to start 4 hours before that. Put the spa in economy mode. In that mode the heat will only come on during a filter cycle, or when you touch a jet button.

Buy putting the filter cycle prior to you using your spa it will check the temp and heat if nessessary. It will only check the temp twice a day instead of coming on multiple times during the day.

Check your manual on how to program these features,,

If it was my spa I would not circulate the pump 24/7. Do you use your spa at about the same time every day?

If so, here is one way you can set your spa. You can adjust the filter cycles for duration. Most normal home use I like 2 -4 hour cycles. The first cycle will start up 6 minutes after you power up your spa and then 12 hours after. If you use your spa say at around 7 pm in the evening, set the cycle to start 4 hours before that. Put the spa in economy mode. In that mode the heat will only come on during a filter cycle, or when you touch a jet button.

Buy putting the filter cycle prior to you using your spa it will check the temp and heat if nessessary. It will only check the temp twice a day instead of coming on multiple times during the day.

Check your manual on how to program these features,,

Thank you

There is snow on the ground so it is always powered up. My question is really about the pump though. Will the pump last longer if it is always running, and at 110 v how much power is it using being on all the time?

Yes I understand it is always powered up, But how you set the start time for a filter cycle is to shut off the power once at the time you would like a cycle to begin and then turn it back on. 6 minutes after that becomes the start time for cycle 1 and cycle 2 starts 12 hours later. You can adjust the duration of those cycles to your liking.

I dont believe it is better to have the pump run 24 hours instead of 8. I also think it will cost more possible double to have the pump run an addl 16 hours per day.

I hope this helps.

Yes I understand it is always powered up, But how you set the start time for a filter cycle is to shut off the power once at the time you would like a cycle to begin and then turn it back on. 6 minutes after that becomes the start time for cycle 1 and cycle 2 starts 12 hours later. You can adjust the duration of those cycles to your liking.

I dont believe it is better to have the pump run 24 hours instead of 8. I also think it will cost more possible double to have the pump run an addl 16 hours per day.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your help