Sundance Altamar 880 60a Jumper Switch

griffe

Hey guys,

I have decided to put my spa on 60A vs the 50A Factory setting.

I was told all I had to do was move a jumper around, but I cannot seem to find out which jumper! I want everything to be able to run at once.

Anyone out there know for sure? or even better, has anyone done this?

Electrical is all ready to go, just waiting on this jumper!!

Brand New Sundance Altamar 880 series.

Hey guys,

I have decided to put my spa on 60A vs the 50A Factory setting.

I was told all I had to do was move a jumper around, but I cannot seem to find out which jumper! I want everything to be able to run at once.

Anyone out there know for sure? or even better, has anyone done this?

Electrical is all ready to go, just waiting on this jumper!!

Brand New Sundance Altamar 880 series.

Call 512 257 7727. They will be able to tell you. You shouldn't have to go to 60A for everything to run. Unless, it is a Sundance problem.

Call 512 257 7727. They will be able to tell you. You shouldn't have to go to 60A for everything to run. Unless, it is a Sundance problem.

This is not a Sundance problem, it is simply the way it is designed. You need to have 60A service to run both pumps on high and still be able to heat. Many spas will accomplish this fine with 50A service, however this brand and model are in exception to that. Check out the Sundance website, you can download the manual on this model and see that this is true.

I recently purchases a Sundance Cayman. It also was not suppose to run everthing on the 50 amp setting, at least according to the owners manual. But when I installed it, it ran pumps and heat at the same time.

Go figure

My manual is for teh 880 series so no mention about the cayman... But will it run all at once with the pumps on high??

The 880 series also has an additional blower.

• 9 months later...

I'm preparing for the delivery of a 2007 Sundance Altamar. The electrician has completed everything but the actual hookup to the spa. We're wired for 240V and 60A but I've been told that Sundance ships spas preconfigured for 50A. Can you tell me how to change the circuit board jumper on JP9-7 for 60A logic? I know that "on" is 60A and "off" is 50A but how can I tell the difference?

thanks,

Jay