Anyone Have The "transducer" Stereo System In Their Tub?

utah

I don't like the pop up speakers but am wondering how happy people are who have gone with the speaker in the tub design.

Do you like it? Any maintenance issues? How is the quality of sound?

Thanks, Doug

I was wating to see if others responded, but I'm afraid most shoppers have fled the scene around here.

So, I will say this: the HotSpring system uses two transducers and two external speakers. The speakers can be mounted close to the spa, which makes it the best sounding system I have heard to date. But if you want, you can mount the external speakers in another part of your home or yard. Then you rely on the transducers only for the spa, and frankly they are good but not great.

The sound quality is so subjective, of course, many people find the Transducers to be more than addequate - and it is so nice to have the whole system integrated into the tub, plus not having speakers to work around or worry about is a plus.

I have had a few folks burn out Transducers by running bass-heavy music at high levels - but during the first year the warranty will cover that, and I haven't had many who do it twice. The external speakers are outdoor-rated, but not a name-brand. Of course if it matters to you, you could give them to your kid and make easy connections to a set of Bose, Sony, Yamaha, JBL, HarmonKarden, Klipsch or whatever you like.

Give it a try at a HotSpring dealer near you.

Bring your own CD, of course.

B)

Chas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it has gotten quiet on this board. When I started my hot tub search, this was the only board I went to for advice but now I post on two boards.

Sounds like transducer speakers might not be a good choice if we do house swaps with friends who may or may not be use to our system. Sounds like it would be pretty easy for them to do some expensive damage....

Doug

Chas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it has gotten quiet on this board. When I started my hot tub search, this was the only board I went to for advice but now I post on two boards.

Sounds like transducer speakers might not be a good choice if we do house swaps with friends who may or may not be use to our system. Sounds like it would be pretty easy for them to do some expensive damage....

Doug

No, not really. They have put in limiters on the new Spaudio II. I have yet to have anyone fry those.

But the ones who did fry the earlier system were running extreme low-end stuff. Paul Oakenfold, to be precise.

If you have a high-end stereo in the house, you stand the same chance there.