Buying A Used Hot Spring Jetsetter

jetsetter

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to look at a 2005 Hot Spring "Jetsetter" spa. This will be our first spa purchase. We specifically like this model because of its size and from what I've researched, they are very reliable. We also stayed in a hotel a few years back where we had one of these models on our balcony and we loved it. We've wanted one ever since.

Supposedly, this one is in "Like New" condition and has been kept fully maintained. The owner says the water has been treated weekly and drained bi annually. It has an ozone generator and runs on 110 but can run on 220.

What should we look for when we go to look at it tomorrow? Any specific questions I should ask?

It was listed for $3000 but the owner will take $2500. Considering that I've seen 10 year old models going for $1200 this seems reasonable, but I don't know. I think new, they go for $5000+ ? I've been trying to find a relatively new used one for a while now and they are few and far between.

Any advice you can give this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you buy it, be sure to get the electrical sub-panel also. All the spas made by Watson, this includes Hot Spring, have an unusual two GFCI breaker sub-panel.

Dave

If you buy it, be sure to get the electrical sub-panel also. All the spas made by Watson, this includes Hot Spring, have an unusual two GFCI breaker sub-panel.

Dave

Sorry, could you explain this more? I thought we could just plug it in since it is set up for 110. We do have a GFCI outlet outside, but what else do we need?

OK, The 115V 20amp ones do have a GFCI plug. The 230V spas are the ones that have the two breaker subpanel.

Link to PDF file of Manual:

http://www.hotspring.com/cgi-bin/download....s_manual_05.pdf

Dave

Just wanted to post that we got our spa delivered on Saturday and took our first soak yesterday at sunset. It was fantastic! My husband is sooooo happy now. He's been wanting a spa for years.

Oh, and we had an electrician come out and wire in a new dedicated 110 line, so all is good.

Hi!

I have a HS Jetsetter and it was the best money I think I ever spent! One thing to definitly do, is call the local dealer where the person purchased the tub. Tell them your considering buying a used tub from Mr & Mrs ..... and wanted to know if any work has ever been done on the hot tub or any inquiries made by the owners to fix anything. I know a lot of people out there are selling their new tubs because of the economy so there are some screaming deals out there! and $2,500 for a 2005 jetsetter is amazing! Let us know how things work out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Neil- Sorry I can't answer your question as we nver go over 103, and usually keep it set at 102. Maybe someone else knows?

Just wanted to add we are still really happy with our spa and use it almost every day. It's the perfect size for two!

jetsetter,

Glad you guys bought that Hot Spring Jetsetter! That's my favorite model in the whole Hot Spring lineup. Very nice hot tub. Sounds like you got a good deal on it too for $2,500. The Jetsetter could sell new for quite a bit more.

You've got yourself a really great hot tub. :)

Question,

i bought a used jetsetter spa have the correct GFI 110 plug-in and when I turjh it to UF4 it gets up to 103 but no higher. Is this as hot as it should get?

Bummed neil.noble@att.net

What year is your Jetsetter? The older models (say 1998 to 2007) allowed temperatures to go above 104 degrees. The display would read, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, UT-1, UT-2, UT-3, UT-4.

The UT-4 setting was about 107.5F. You'll also want to look at how you're measuring your temperature. If you're using an inexpensive floating thermometer, I'd trust the hot tub before the thermometer. Also keep in mind, that with 110V power supply, when you sit in the hot tub with the cover off the spa may not keep the temp up at 104+ if the outdoor temperature is cold.

Also the spa cannot heat while your jets are running. If this becomes a problem for you, you can have an electrician provide a 220V connection for you. You'll find the spa heats MUCH more quickly, and will maintain water temp while you use it. :) :)