Waterworld

tpb

OK I LIVE I DELAWARE AND NEED COMPANY FOR FG POOL. WE FOUND WATERWORD IN NJ BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE COMPANY. HAS ANYONE USE THEM HAD PROBLEMS OR HAD GOOD EXPERENCE WITH THEM. ALSO CONTRACTORS THAT MAY HAVE INSTALLED YOUR POOL. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

TIFFANY IN BEAR

Tiffany:

That you want to go with Fiberglass is a great decision. However, not all fiberglass is created equally. You should look at the better brands: Viking Pools, CPC pool, Aloha, San Juan. I think you will find they have better warranty's, better customer service and offer better products. A swimming pool is a big investment and you want to be sure to have a customer service resource for your questions or any issues that may arise. Cheaper, in this case, isn't better. Good Luck.

Tiffany:

That you want to go with Fiberglass is a great decision. However, not all fiberglass is created equally. You should look at the better brands: Viking Pools, CPC pool, Aloha, San Juan. I think you will find they have better warranty's, better customer service and offer better products. A swimming pool is a big investment and you want to be sure to have a customer service resource for your questions or any issues that may arise. Cheaper, in this case, isn't better. Good Luck.

Thanks i will keep looking. Athough the customer service was very good and they answered all my questions. I was wondering if anyone had a personal experience with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks i will keep looking. Athough the customer service was very good and they answered all my questions. I was wondering if anyone had a personal experience with them.

If this is the same Waterworld Pools in Hammonton that I dealt with, please stay away from this company and its management. I know personally of another individual who is suing them for a faulty pool product and installation and in my case, Waterworld Pools attempted to change the items in the contract at the last minute. Ended up in court.

• 1 year later...
OK I LIVE I DELAWARE AND NEED COMPANY FOR FG POOL. WE FOUND WATERWORD IN NJ BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE COMPANY. HAS ANYONE USE THEM HAD PROBLEMS OR HAD GOOD EXPERENCE WITH THEM. ALSO CONTRACTORS THAT MAY HAVE INSTALLED YOUR POOL. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

TIFFANY IN BEAR

We purchased a pool from Water World this August. We love the pool, no problems at all. I'm not sure what problems other people have had with Water World, but they went out of their way for us. Everything was top notch. We priced Viking and San Juan pools. Water World is not cheaper as another poster had indicated.

We got the 18x44 8ft deep with jets in the seats, a heater and safety cover. Like I said we love our pool, and the customer service has been one of the best experiences we've had. They will be coming out to our house this weekend to show us how to close our pool. If you have any questions let me know.

Tpb, I took a good long look at Waterworld and contacted the company. Their prices were much better than any fiberglass pool maker that I researched. Unfortunately unless you are ready to do the installation yourself and believe me I wouldn't recommend that you do that. You'd be better off buying your fiber through a reputable pool builder and have them properly install the pool. I though after reading the brochure and seeing the examples of how to install the pool that I could do it myself by contracting someone to dig the hole and hiring another company to pick up the pool place place it in the hole. :P I watch the installers when they put my Viking kidney in the ground and trust me, you really have to have expertise in installing the pool. First it has to be balanced else you'll have a lopsided pool. :huh: There's a special tool used for that process that's digital and seems to be quite expensive. You'll have to put crushed rock under the pool before placing it the hole then balance it. All of this is done after the return lines are dug. You'll also have to truck the dirt from the excavation site. My pool is not a big one, only 24 x 12 and I counted at least 4 truck loads. and if you have a high water table like we have in Florida you'll have to have a pump running to pump the water out of the hole while this process is going on. :huh: Once its dug plumbed and balanced you'll have to back feel the hole. Oh I almost forgot if you don't put water n the pool it will pop out of the ground if the water table is high. Now on the other hand if you have relatives that are in heavy construction and have trucks, a backhoe and a way to lift that big boy maybe you could consider this more realistically. There is another concern and that is the thickness of the shell. The company that did my pool in Florida is Best Pools in Melbourne. They were excellent. The salesman came to the house and showed me fiberglass examples from San Juan, Viking and Ocean reef. Any one of those companies would've been a good choice. 2 months after the pool was completely installed it started to loose water. :o There was a leak at the main drain in the bottom of the pool. Those guys came out here and dug a hole under the pool, crawled on their stomachs and fixed it in the winter. :mellow: Trust me it was very nasty, but they didn't charge me a dime.not one penny. As another poster said all fiberglass pools are not created equal, but fiberglass is IMO a much better choice the gunite(cement). I realized from that experience that a pool is not a hot tub that you can take a chance and buy from a big box store and pray. :P

Tpb, I took a good long look at Waterworld and contacted the company. Their prices were much better than any fiberglass pool maker that I researched. Unfortunately unless you are ready to do the installation yourself and believe me I wouldn't recommend that you do that. You'd be better off buying your fiber through a reputable pool builder and have them properly install the pool. I though after reading the brochure and seeing the examples of how to install the pool that I could do it myself by contracting someone to dig the hole and hiring another company to pick up the pool place place it in the hole. :P I watch the installers when they put my Viking kidney in the ground and trust me, you really have to have expertise in installing the pool. First it has to be balanced else you'll have a lopsided pool. :huh: There's a special tool used for that process that's digital and seems to be quite expensive. You'll have to put crushed rock under the pool before placing it the hole then balance it. All of this is done after the return lines are dug. You'll also have to truck the dirt from the excavation site. My pool is not a big one, only 24 x 12 and I counted at least 4 truck loads. and if you have a high water table like we have in Florida you'll have to have a pump running to pump the water out of the hole while this process is going on. :huh: Once its dug plumbed and balanced you'll have to back feel the hole. Oh I almost forgot if you don't put water n the pool it will pop out of the ground if the water table is high. Now on the other hand if you have relatives that are in heavy construction and have trucks, a backhoe and a way to lift that big boy maybe you could consider this more realistically. There is another concern and that is the thickness of the shell. The company that did my pool in Florida is Best Pools in Melbourne. They were excellent. The salesman came to the house and showed me fiberglass examples from San Juan, Viking and Ocean reef. Any one of those companies would've been a good choice. 2 months after the pool was completely installed it started to loose water. :o There was a leak at the main drain in the bottom of the pool. Those guys came out here and dug a hole under the pool, crawled on their stomachs and fixed it in the winter. :mellow: Trust me it was very nasty, but they didn't charge me a dime.not one penny. As another poster said all fiberglass pools are not created equal, but fiberglass is IMO a much better choice the gunite(cement). I realized from that experience that a pool is not a hot tub that you can take a chance and buy from a big box store and pray. :P

I'm not sure which Water World you got your information from . The one in New Jersey completely installs the pool. They do not dig the hole or run the electric. Those things are sub contracted out.

The guys who installed our pool were extremely knowledgeable about the entire process and even helped our electrician out when he ran into a snag installing our SWG. Like I said - the entire experience has been great. Glad we decided to sway from the normal and used Water World.

I'm not sure which Water World you got your information from . The one in New Jersey completely installs the pool. They do not dig the hole or run the electric. Those things are sub contracted out.

The guys who installed our pool were extremely knowledgeable about the entire process and even helped our electrician out when he ran into a snag installing our SWG. Like I said - the entire experience has been great. Glad we decided to sway from the normal and used Water World.

Abbysmom, It's obviously the same Waterworld that you're talking about. Your post states that "They do not dig the hole or run the electric" and my post indicated the samething. Now if you know someone or can hire someone to dig the hole, run the electric and lay the concrete, as well as spray the "cool Deck" which are the processes that I expereinced when my pool was installed then great. They don't do that. The brochure that I had said, that they send a small crew when they deliver the big tub, and will help with the plumbing (meaning setting up the pump or salt chlorinator and returns). I can't speak on the quality of their fiberglass, but if it's holding the water that's the main thing. Any of thoses processes has to be permitted and inspected by the city here in FL., else you'll have an illegal pool. Plus the pool area has to be fenced.

Your post said, the one in NJ completely installs the pool. I dealt with the one out of GA since shipping a tub that big from NJ would cost the price of the tub if not more by the time it arrived in FL. But IMO digging the hole and running the returns and electric is part of the installation, so your statement are confusing to me. :huh: It's either that they do the installation or they don't and just help plumb it.

I'm sure that you have your pool up and running now, but to say they do the "complete installation" is not accurate by your on admission. If they subcontracted those jobs through them, that's a different story since you'd only have to sign checks to one company and they'd pay their contractors. On the other hand if they contacted the diggers and electrician for you, but you paid them direct, then you did the subcontracting not them. Insurance issues come into play if god forbid some one gets hurt on the job site. :o