Testing A Jacuzzi J-470 Tonight

SAFASTRO

Well......I've gotta say, Darren from Jacuzzi Calgary is top notch. I completely enjoyed my wet test experience, and my wife did as well. Many of you have talked about liking the dealer or salesman you buy your tub from, and I've gotta say, Darren makes you feel like part of the Jacuzzi family. I know I will be in good hands if we end up purchasing this one!! So far this is the most comfortable I've felt. :D

I wet tested this model but a new one. For me it was over priced, not comfortable and not good for therapy. I would keep looking. That price sounds high for a used one. I would think you could find a new one of better quality for that amount or so with a 5 year or better warrenty. I was not impressed with Jaccuzi brand with some of the answers I got to questions. Sounded like they are relying on name to make sales. Cost of running was a major concern.. Wonder why they have a 2-3 year old used one? Not like you can upgrade from that one in their line of tubs....

But you are right. The dealer and your comfort with a wet test are the 2 top priorities. If the price doesnt make you run... but I would look at any other options before spending that much on anything.

We bought a Jacuzzi J 365 after looking at the J470. The J470 was a little to rich for my blood. Nice looking tub mind you, but expensive. We are very pleased with our J365. We were quoted just under $9K cnd for our tub, and the J470 was substantially more.

Well......I've gotta say, Darren from Jacuzzi Calgary is top notch. I completely enjoyed my wet test experience, and my wife did as well. Many of you have talked about liking the dealer or salesman you buy your tub from, and I've gotta say, Darren makes you feel like part of the Jacuzzi family. I know I will be in good hands if we end up purchasing this one!! So far this is the most comfortable I've felt. :D

We were also looking at that used 470 but went with a new one because of the new FX jets and shell warranty. You're right about Darren and the boys they've been great.

Hey Givershizzle, do you mind me asking how much you payed for a new one?

There is a deal on right now for $14,500 new. Do you think the $10,500 for the used one is a good price? He told me 3 1/2 years for the parts and labour, and 8 1/2 years on the shell.

Thanks, Steve

Wow, sounds like you're a better negiotiator than myself. I paid 15,250 for a new 470 with ozonator, cover w/ lift kit, plastic steps, sound system and installation. Electrical was extra, around $750 but they took care of all the arrangements.

Hey, if you decide to get one you should use me as a reference. They give away free trips with any referrals. LOL.

What are others experiences with this brand and model of tub??

I can get a used 2006 J-470 from our local dealer for $10,500 CDN with 3 1/2 year warranty. What do you guys think? Good deal?

I would double check what the warranty is all about. Jacuzzi does not transfer warranties. Their factory warranty basically comes down to five years for plumbing and electronics and seven years for shell to the initial purchaser. Any 3 1/2 year warranty has to come from the dealer and not the factory. This may not necessarily be a bad thing but you should know the specifics up front and realize there is no factory support on this spa. The warranty will only be as good as the dealer.

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I will definately be checking with the dealer on that one.

We just came back from wet testing a CalSpa Cba48. Not too bad of a tub, but you can sure tell the difference in quality.

We just made a verbal agreement with Darren from Jacuzzi Calgary, and from the things I've read and heard, we will be in good hands.

Thanks for your input.

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the heads up!!

I will definately be checking with the dealer on that one.

We just came back from wet testing a CalSpa Cba48. Not too bad of a tub, but you can sure tell the difference in quality.

We just made a verbal agreement with Darren from Jacuzzi Calgary, and from the things I've read and heard, we will be in good hands.

Thanks for your input.

Did you mind me asking what shell/cabinet combo you're getting?

Here is what we ended up with:

- Used 2006 Jacuzzi j-470

- Platinum shell color

- Silverwood cabinet color

- Cd Player w/ radio and MP3 hook-up (no IPOD docking station)

- free upgrade to the Proclear Mineral System

- free CoverMate III

- free delivery/installation/hook-up/start-up

- 3 1/2 year parts/labour warranty

- 8 1/2 year shell warranty

Here is what we ended up with:

- Used 2006 Jacuzzi j-470

- Platinum shell color

- Silverwood cabinet color

- Cd Player w/ radio and MP3 hook-up (no IPOD docking station)

- free upgrade to the Proclear Mineral System

- free CoverMate III

- free delivery/installation/hook-up/start-up

- 3 1/2 year parts/labour warranty

- 8 1/2 year shell warranty

Let me know how that Proclear system works for you. I thinking of switching to it after Christmas.