Liner Was Not Made Correctly

gabagoo

we just had an inground pool put in and we noticed after a few days that the fake tiles that run along the top of the liner were not made correctly. It was not the pool companies fault but the people who make the liner. When I say it is not correct I mean that the fake tile look should go right to the top of the liner where it meets the coping but they stopped it 1" from the top and then you see the moving water graphic which is all below the graphic for that last 1 " along the top. I found the box the liner came in and there was a name on it and I searched the internet, but they don't give out their phone number. I then phoned my pool company and said it just isnt right and I want either a discount or a new liner in the spring. Is this a common problem with pool liners?

we just had an inground pool put in and we noticed after a few days that the fake tiles that run along the top of the liner were not made correctly. It was not the pool companies fault but the people who make the liner. When I say it is not correct I mean that the fake tile look should go right to the top of the liner where it meets the coping but they stopped it 1" from the top and then you see the moving water graphic which is all below the graphic for that last 1 " along the top. I found the box the liner came in and there was a name on it and I searched the internet, but they don't give out their phone number. I then phoned my pool company and said it just isnt right and I want either a discount or a new liner in the spring. Is this a common problem with pool liners?

It's ultimately your builder's responsibility - he has contracts w/ distributors and manufacturers and [should] easily be able to rectify this. Be firm and all should be OK in a couple of weeks.

Did you get this problem fixed yet? Can you post a picture? I'd like to see what you are talking about.

well it seems it was made correctly as a rep from the company that makes the liners called me. Somewhere in the mfg process they cant weld the tile graphic any closer to the top of the liner so that 1" of the graphic that is used in the water goes above the tile graphic. It looks strange but thats the way it is. I am in the graphics businisess and next summer I may just apply a 3m white vinyl pinstripe all allong the top of the liner to hide the blue effect.

That is what I thought, mine looks just like you had described in your first post. And I don't ever remember seeing vinyl with the tile graphic right up to the copeing.

normally the bead and 1 or 2 inches above the tile pattern will be white or blue