Pool Construction Payment Schedule

Karl

I am getting ready to build a pool and am looking for feedback on what a Floida pool builder would propose as a reasonable payment/draw schedule. I appreciate anything information that someone can provide. Thanks!

Karl

We put a pool in earlier this year. I'm not sure what a reasonable schedule is - as a buyer the later the better. There is one thing I learned. Our contract called for final payment when water was going into the pool. Stupid me - I thought the pool would be done at that point. It isn't. It needs to be backfilled, tested, inspected, etc. Make sure you understand when it the pool builder will be complete.

In our case, that pool had to be ripped up and re-installed since the builder installed it in violation of local setback requirements. He did it on his nickel but I will admit I had very little leverage if he had abandoned the project.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps this is not a good question, but I live in Port St. Lucie Florida and I am looking to buy me an inground pool. I have no idea what I am getting into. Anyone knows what the average inground pool is going for today? The pool I wanted for my home when the home was built in 2004 they wanted $20,000 (inground screened), today I know things are difficult and very slow in the construction business. Any idea out there?"

karl email me your email address and I will send over what we did for payment. drgordon@hottubdoctors.com. It is in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet format.

• 2 months later...