Best Economical Catridge Filter Replacement?

taxgod4u

It is time to replace my 4 cartrtidge filters. I see a variety of brands on the market and a wide price spread. Is there a large diff between the filter cartidges out there? Is there any brand to avoid? and who has the best prices?

In general replacements from the Manufactures are the most money. I would look at Pleatco or Unicel prices they very good filters and hold well. I sell unicel filters for spa replacements with no problem. Leave the really cheap one alone, they don't hold up well.

Also follow the manufactures guide lines in cleaning them to keep replacement costs down

Unicel is a very good name with good quality. I have a Hayward Filter C4025. For this model there are many different sizes of cartridges. The important thing is that you choose a Cartridge with high number of pleats. The more pleats the more Square footage of filtration, which means it will filter for longer periods before it needs cleaning.

I usually go with either 106 Sqft Unicel model UNIC7488 or even better the 112 Sqft model UNIC7489

You did not mention which filter model you have, but I would go with the highest possible square footage available for your filter. This way you cleaning becomes easier and further away.

I found some affordable unicel filters on ebay. I will give them a try unless there are issues anybody has seen with these.