Pool Contractors In San Diego

jbo

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed the contract with Premier pools in carlsbad. Ron Detrich (the contracter) seems to be on top of things and was happy to draw 5 different designs for us before we were happy. California pools were also responsive. Ask for Christian, his grandfather owns the company. Jim from Sundancer pols in Escondido was also very impressive but a bit expensive. Companies to avoid: Dream pools, Mission pools. Good luck! I'll let you know if Premier mess up or not. P.s. Now seems to be a good tme to put in a pool, the companies are desperate. I used 5 differnt bids and showed them to each contracter and basically told him to beat the price.

I'm currently getting bids from the following contractors, could you share your experiences with any of them? (good or bad):

Pacific Sun Pools

Azure Construction

Premier Pools

regards, jb

• 8 months later...

after doing quite a bit of research, we are very much leaning toward an inground vinyl pool for several reasons:

--installation cost, looks like it'll be at least $10-20k less than comparable concrete pool

--vinyl replacement cost, half that of replastering, with similar life span.

but it looks like most of the pool contractors in and around San Diego are all concrete pool guys. So are there any experienced vinyl installers in San Diego?

• 2 months later...

Jb, scrippsbruin & madiba,

We are looking at quotes from Mission Pool - because they do all their own work.

Sand Piper Pools, Pacific Sun and San Diego Pools are also coming for estimates.

Any word on any of these companies? Have been having a tough time finding information, however, all their websites look terrific.

So, why not Mission Pools - just out of curiosity. What is the ball park figure for a pool now-a-days. I was told $85K - 100K for a pool, spa, controls and some landscaping. It sounds really high to me, but I just want to be prepared.

Newbie in San Diego

• 3 weeks later...

We had Mission Pools build a pool for us in the past year and most of the process was OK, but the plaster turned out horrible. Two of their own staff people commented on how bad it is when the pool was first completed, and now we cannot get them to take care of it. They promise a multi-year warranty, and now we do not get any answers as to how they plan to resolve it. We love the pool, but are embarrassed about the plaster job.

:(

• 1 month later...
We had Mission Pools build a pool for us in the past year and most of the process was OK, but the plaster turned out horrible. Two of their own staff people commented on how bad it is when the pool was first completed, and now we cannot get them to take care of it. They promise a multi-year warranty, and now we do not get any answers as to how they plan to resolve it. We love the pool, but are embarrassed about the plaster job.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...