Has Anyone Converted Intex Pipes To 1.5" Flexpipe?

scooby111

I have an Intex 18' 52" metal above ground pool with a Model 635 pump. I want to connect a solar panel to it. The solar panel has a standard 1.5" connection. I want to use Flexpipe (sometimes known as Tigerflex), which is used in pool and spa installations. But Intex has these threaded connections and kind of a corragated pipe. Has anyone devised a way of connected the Intex pipe to other pipes?

I was thinking of cutting into the Intex pipe and getting a solid piece of pipe that will fit into the Intex Pipe on one end and slide the flexpipe on the other end. Then use clamps to hold each pipe in place.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I upgraded to the 4000GPH pump and changed my plunger valves to PVC 1.5 inch ball valves. I modified the valve on one end to accept the screw on Intex hose. I had to use a lathe and remove some material from the PVC fitings. You cant buy anything that will work readily That I know of. I can let you know how I done it if you have access top a lathe. I'm new here so I'm also trying to figure this forum out.

uote name='scooby111' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:33 AM' post='59587']

I have an Intex 18' 52" metal above ground pool with a Model 635 pump. I want to connect a solar panel to it. The solar panel has a standard 1.5" connection. I want to use Flexpipe (sometimes known as Tigerflex), which is used in pool and spa installations. But Intex has these threaded connections and kind of a corragated pipe. Has anyone devised a way of connected the Intex pipe to other pipes?

I was thinking of cutting into the Intex pipe and getting a solid piece of pipe that will fit into the Intex Pipe on one end and slide the flexpipe on the other end. Then use clamps to hold each pipe in place.

Thanks.