How Can I Find My Leak In My Pool ?

The other day I noticed that my water level dropped way too much. I walked around the pool and found some wet spots. I dug few small holes near the wet spot and they filled with water as if the water is coming from under the pool.

My pool is an 18 x 33 above ground with a vinyl liner. 1 1/2 years old. The leak is on the opposite side from the pump and filter system.

I've visually checked with a mask, I've done the dye test 2 times now and still haven't found my leak. It seams to be leaking about 3/4 to 1" per 24 hours. I performed the bucket test and the pool is definately losing water.

I'm going to try the dye test one more time and then my next option is to try this stuff called fix-a-leak that I found on the internet.

It says to remove the filter and run the pump then pour a quart of this stuff into the pool. For the first day you have to mix it up every couple hours with a pool brush then let circulate for a couple of days. It is supposed to find and fix the leak.

Has anyone ever used this stuff. I've read reviews on it and the reviews are good but the reviews are posted on the companys web site.

I think I would rather look for a needle in a hay stack !!!

Any ideas for me would be a great help.

Thank You.

The other day I noticed that my water level dropped way too much. I walked around the pool and found some wet spots. I dug few small holes near the wet spot and they filled with water as if the water is coming from under the pool.

My pool is an 18 x 33 above ground with a vinyl liner. 1 1/2 years old. The leak is on the opposite side from the pump and filter system.

I've visually checked with a mask, I've done the dye test 2 times now and still haven't found my leak. It seams to be leaking about 3/4 to 1" per 24 hours. I performed the bucket test and the pool is definately losing water.

I'm going to try the dye test one more time and then my next option is to try this stuff called fix-a-leak that I found on the internet.

It says to remove the filter and run the pump then pour a quart of this stuff into the pool. For the first day you have to mix it up every couple hours with a pool brush then let circulate for a couple of days. It is supposed to find and fix the leak.

Has anyone ever used this stuff. I've read reviews on it and the reviews are good but the reviews are posted on the companys web site.

I think I would rather look for a needle in a hay stack !!!

Any ideas for me would be a great help.

Thank You.

Boy ,that's a Duff one but see if this is helping you out Leak Detection

Luckily I never had to go beyond the dye test, it saved me twice...

Good Luck