Got A Price Today

southla

it looks great! glad to hear they are working again :)

I talked to Gino today and he told me they were coming tuesday but so far you've been closer on the schedule for my pool than he has. Oh well , I guess it should get done next week but now with this damn storm hovering around the gulf it will push it back. I guess i wont complain though , ive had worse things happen than this. (thanks again Katrina :D ). I keep coming home from work and looking in the yard waiting to see water in it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plaster crew was here at 9:00 am. They worked hard like the concrete crew....non stop...no breaks! They were done about 1:00 and started filling the pool as soon as they got out. They really did some nice work. Something cool to watch as it's being done. But be warned, wear dark sunglasses or welding goggles!! :lol:

This is when they got here and started draining....

poolplaster001.jpg

poolplaster004.jpg

poolplaster005.jpg

poolplaster008.jpg

poolplaster009.jpg

poolplaster010.jpg

looks great! I like the fish and crab ,it adds a nice touch to the pool. I wish i wouldve thought about that. Now you've got me excited.I showed the pics of your pool to the kids and the youngest asked if we could go swimming in it since ours isnt ready yet :-). Hopefully it wont rain to much anymore so i can dry the deck area.I should be able to get it dry by wednesday. If i had thought about it i would have covered the area with visquine(?). When are they putting the cool deck surface on? I think they have to wait a few days if i heard Gino right.

I just talked to Gino. Originally, I was told a couple of weeks for sundeck, but when I talked to him this morining, he said a couple of days. The patio cover crew is coming Wed morning and will only be here a day or so, maybe Friday they can sundeck it. I'm not too worried....don't need sundeck to swim!! :lol: But all went well. You'll be surprized how fast they'll plaster your pool. They only took 4 hours from the time they showed up until the truck left. It took about 26 hours to fill. The water is dirty looking so I can't wait until Gino shocks it to get it clear.

Almost done!! I'm almost there. All that is left is sundeck, but I put it off until next week. I want to see what this storm is going to do. Jerome came out today and did a general clean up of the yard, finished the concrete edges, cleaned up the gutters, vacuumed the pool and fired up the pumps. He shocked the pool and it got better looking in about 10 minutes. It's going to take about a day for it to get clear. He said I have to run chlorine for a month for the plaster to fully harden, then he'll be back to switch it to salt.

poolpatio001.jpg

poolpatio003.jpg

poolpatio007.jpg

poolpatio010.jpg

poolpatio011.jpg

Carl Noto Patio in Kenner installed a patio cover today. That was fast. He came out Monday to give me a written estimate, came out today (Wed) and installed. Only took about 3 hrs to install. It's 15'x32' plus the 12'x18' I already had. It cooled off the living room and my bedroom from the afternoon sun. B)

poolpatio002.jpg

poolpatio013.jpg

Im jealous ! It looks great! it looks so much different with water in it :D the fountains are awesome, did you get them from rainbow or did you buy them and have them install them?

the concrete guys have been here since 8am this morning waiting on the cement truck but its still not here yet.They are getting so aggravated waiting. Im up in the air what to do about the plaster.They are coming tommorrow for the plaster but i dont know if i should wait till next week with the storm out there.We go to gulf shores every labor day weekend but dont know what to do now.

I'd definately let the plaster guys work. They'll be in and out in just a few hours. Then they drop the hose in. Jerome will be out in a couple of days to start the pump and shock the pool. I had Jerome build in the waterfall, but asked for two extra water lines coming out of the surface of each side of the water fall. When the concrete guys came, I put a 4" pvc tube around the pipe so I'd have some room to work. I got the dolphins at D & D Concrete in Napoleonville. It's about an hour from me thru back country roads, but that's where all gardening supply and statue places get their statues. You can order them, but it takes about 2 weeks to get it. I drove there and just picked them up. HUGE place, it's like the Walmart of concrete. They do have a website too. I installed the dolphins and Jerome thought they were cool too. Once Jerome starts the pool and shocks it, you'll need about a day or two for the water to clear. We swam tonight, but the chlorine was strong! Should be good for the weekend. Did you already have reservations at Gulf Shores? We had a party planned for this weekend, but most are "iffy" about the storm and evacuation. I'm stayin' and drinkin' in the pool!! :D

• 2 weeks later...