Splash Pool Structurtal Problems!

Nancy K

:( Hi I am wondering if anyone has a splash superpool? I just set up a 13x25x4 rectangle pool & have had nothing but problems. I contacted splash & they are no help at all.

I got the pool filled up by last fri. morning by sat. afternoon & almost 11,000 gals of water on of the leg supports on corner of pool came off. There is a piece of tarp like material that connects from bottom of pool to legs with a steel bar that tore off.

Splash said to drain pool! OH NO!!! I suggested to hubby that we may can get a car jack under the leg & get it back on concrete support. Steel bar rail will not budge too much weight from water. They also told me that the material that came off of bottom would have to be put back on. I can't believe they want me to pay almost $400 to ship this heavy pool back to them so they can fix it. It is not under warrenty.

I totally drained the pool & it took forever. I am totally at wits end. Have to replace hose on inside of pool when I get it drained because pump would not prime, I have tried everything.

This pool should be able to function without the torn strap on the bottom. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this thing so it doesn't happen again.

I took pics of problems so I am praying that someone will please help me with this dilemma. I am so distraught over this & have worked so hard to get this pool up.

Please offer any & all advice if you can. No splash dealers in area & pool companies do not want to help.

Thanks in Advance!

:( Hi I am wondering if anyone has a splash superpool? I just set up a 13x25x4 rectangle pool & have had nothing but problems. I contacted splash & they are no help at all.

I got the pool filled up by last fri. morning by sat. afternoon & almost 11,000 gals of water on of the leg supports on corner of pool came off. There is a piece of tarp like material that connects from bottom of pool to legs with a steel bar that tore off.

Splash said to drain pool! OH NO!!! I suggested to hubby that we may can get a car jack under the leg & get it back on concrete support. Steel bar rail will not budge too much weight from water. They also told me that the material that came off of bottom would have to be put back on. I can't believe they want me to pay almost $400 to ship this heavy pool back to them so they can fix it. It is not under warrenty.

I totally drained the pool & it took forever. I am totally at wits end. Have to replace hose on inside of pool when I get it drained because pump would not prime, I have tried everything.

This pool should be able to function without the torn strap on the bottom. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this thing so it doesn't happen again.

I took pics of problems so I am praying that someone will please help me with this dilemma. I am so distraught over this & have worked so hard to get this pool up.

Please offer any & all advice if you can. No splash dealers in area & pool companies do not want to help.

Thanks in Advance!

It would have been better to get a steel sided pool from a dealer. The type you purchased have a reputation of being cruddy.

Hi well I've been there & done that! I just took down my 18ft round because it dodged one major hurrican, the second Katrina got it. This pool is really neat because you can fo laps. Installation absolutly sucks. Company offers no tech support at all. Thx 4 the advice though. Oh Splash pools has a good rep the cheaper imitations are the crudy ones!

It would have been better to get a steel sided pool from a dealer. The type you purchased have a reputation of being cruddy.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to disagree with you here. Splash pools have an excellent reputation and are very easy to install and maintain. Mine has a deck completely around it and has an "in ground" look and feel. It is a permanent install and is much stronger than a steel sided pool, especially for someone like myself who has to close it for snowy and icy winters in the NE.

If I understand correctly, while filling the pool, one of the supports slid off a concrete patio block you had under the hard plastic pad that holds that leg and this tore the material that extends from the bottom of the pool to the bottom of the leg. The only way to get the leg back in its proper place will be to empty because there is just too much weight to move that. I think you could get away with using the pool without repairing the torn material. That keeps the leg from slipping out, but if the supports are installed properly, it really doesn't do much. Mine always have a little slack and don't stay tight.

Not sure why your pump won't prime. The hose you are speaking of must be the small hose from the skimmer to the valve at the bottom of the pool. Your pump isn't elevated by chance. My experience with the pool and equipment has been wonderful.

• 15 years later...
  • 1 year later...