Worn Gel Coat In Fiberglass

mhugues

I have a 16x38 fiberglass and I own a Polaris 360. The Polaris cruises around and usually stops in the same spot near the main drain and over time has been wearing a hole through the gel coat and I can now see the green fiberglass beneath. I have since bought a velcro sheet and stuck the soft side on the front of the polaris and this cetainlt seems to be working. My questions:

Am I causing damage to the fiberglass beneath?

I bought one of those underwater vinyly reapir kits and was wondering if it was OK to use the glue and patch or am I just creating a headache for someone when I drain the pool and do the proper repair at the end of the summer?

thanks in advance,

mike

• 1 month later...
I have a 16x38 fiberglass and I own a Polaris 360. The Polaris cruises around and usually stops in the same spot near the main drain and over time has been wearing a hole through the gel coat and I can now see the green fiberglass beneath. I have since bought a velcro sheet and stuck the soft side on the front of the polaris and this cetainlt seems to be working. My questions:

Am I causing damage to the fiberglass beneath?

I bought one of those underwater vinyly reapir kits and was wondering if it was OK to use the glue and patch or am I just creating a headache for someone when I drain the pool and do the proper repair at the end of the summer?

thanks in advance,

mike

the kit will work however i would be getting onto draining and repairing asap!! in regards to the fibreglass im assuming its a zodiac polaris if so use a suction cleaner and it will be just as effective! the X7 is a new model out and will do just as good of a job as the polaris.