110 Spas

cbee

I feel like Goldilocks as I have been trying to find a great fit for me in a 110 spa. I have been told in order to have a 220 spa I would have to put major bucks into my electrical panel, etc. So I have been on a quest.

I did try the Sundance Caprio and it was nice (got a price of $5K total including steps, cover, lifter, etc. ). I got into a Hot Springs Prodigy but it wasn't filled so I can't really tell on that one. The Solana SX is ugly but it was very comfortable but no water in that one either.

Needless to say the Hot Springs dealer didn't have nice things to say about the Sundance Caprio's filtration system (which made me nervious as they said the microclean system was inferior to theirs) and I'm just sick of hearing conflicting things. This is a major expense for me so I'd love some advice.

I suffer from fibromyalgia so I'm not looking to get beat up by jets. Gentle will do. Looking for a comfortable fit (I'm 5'6", weigh 130). This spa is only for me.

Can I get some straight talk please?????

-cbee

I feel like Goldilocks as I have been trying to find a great fit for me in a 110 spa. I have been told in order to have a 220 spa I would have to put major bucks into my electrical panel, etc. So I have been on a quest.

I did try the Sundance Caprio and it was nice (got a price of $5K total including steps, cover, lifter, etc. ). I got into a Hot Springs Prodigy but it wasn't filled so I can't really tell on that one. The Solana SX is ugly but it was very comfortable but no water in that one either.

Needless to say the Hot Springs dealer didn't have nice things to say about the Sundance Caprio's filtration system (which made me nervious as they said the microclean system was inferior to theirs) and I'm just sick of hearing conflicting things. This is a major expense for me so I'd love some advice.

I suffer from fibromyalgia so I'm not looking to get beat up by jets. Gentle will do. Looking for a comfortable fit (I'm 5'6", weigh 130). This spa is only for me.

-cbee

I was also looking for a nice solo spa. What I decided on was this: http://www.sundancespas.com/700Series/Solo.php

I think this might be what your looking for as well. It will run on 110 or 220, but since it's only 100 gallons, I heard that using 110 should work pretty well on this spa. It's got a lot of jets for such a small spa, and comes with a good warranty.

-cbee

New to the hot tub world myself, I have been going from dealer to dealer gathering information on all these tubs your reading about on this forum. The one thing all the dealers are telling me is with a 110 line, you can't have the jets and the heater on at the same time. If you put the jets on the heater will go off, once the jets go off the heater will come back on, jets run about 10 to 20 minutes, in dead of winter your water can get pretty cold, fast! This is what I been told, something to ask the dealer next time you stop in one. Call a couple of electricians and get some prices, most of the time it's a free estimate, and I can't see it costing more than $300-$500 dollars if it can be done. If the hot tubs dealer I talk to are telling me the truth the extra expense will be well worth it, if you have cold winters.