Thanks Everyone

Long story short, a friend has neuropathy pain [feet, plus leg sensitivity] that never goes away for the past 3 years,

many things were attempted to curb the pain. Recently, while at a public pool, it was discovered

the pain goes away if the body is floating in water. A mad scramble to do homework to find

a home solution led me to this forum where I did some research for hours trying to understand

spas as I have no clue and I wanted to help my friend out. My friend can't afford the big boy

spas and the brand Freeflow was the candidate. We went to a local dealer and they had

a couple of display models on clearance and the RLX model was chosen.

They delivered the spa the next day and I'm surprised that it can be easily moved by two

people on a simple furniture dolly with four casters, nice. Easy to move around once placed

on the ground, nice.

To keep costs down, I did the labor for the installation. We bought 4x4 and 2x6 redwood lumber

to make a platform as the 3" thick concrete backyard isn't level, it's a pretty robust 'over engineered'

structure that can probably hold an elephant, then I shimmed the perimeter so everything is structurally

sweet.

I did the electrical installation and did an extra GFCI breaker test using a resistor from hot

legs to ground, just for my own peace of mind that the GFCI is responding in addition to it's

own 'test' button. This is a 220VAC install, very nice, the spa heats up quickly and the water

is still warm the next day if the spa is turned off for the night.

The first spa session for my friend was great, there was no pain in the feet upon entering,

and the warm water plus jets were a bonus that makes the experience better. My friend stayed

in the spa for 1.5 hours at 98 degree temp and didn't want to come out as this is the first time

a pain-free experience was felt.

From idea to execution, just a few days. I probably wouldn't have executed this project this

quickly if this forum didn't exist, there is great research data here.

Thanks.

:D