Fiberglass Walls Concrete Bottom

Hey all,

So what is up with these type pools. I have seen all kinds of info out there on fiberglass pools but its all about preformed, one piece pools. I have a local installer that says I can get fiberglass in a 'custom' design. The walls are made from fiberglass panels and the floor is concrete with a marcite coating? I am being quoted a price of about 60K for a roughly 18x36 design. Does anyone have more info or opinions on this style of pool?

Hey all,

So what is up with these type pools. I have seen all kinds of info out there on fiberglass pools but its all about preformed, one piece pools. I have a local installer that says I can get fiberglass in a 'custom' design. The walls are made from fiberglass panels and the floor is concrete with a marcite coating? I am being quoted a price of about 60K for a roughly 18x36 design. Does anyone have more info or opinions on this style of pool?

If you're going to pay that much go strictly gunite. I get calls all the time on fiberglass repair.

Hey all,

It Is Just what the pool Builder told you.

The walls are Fiberglass and the rest Concrete.

Have you Lookecd at any of the pools they have built like this?

the fiberglass walls are designed to take the flex of the freezing and heaving

Jeff@poolguy.com

The company is Stuart Bauer Pools in Louisville, KY and they have a very positive reputation. Yes, we have looked at others that the company has built. The other long standing pool builder in town is Gym and Swim and they have told me they do not do fiberglass walls/concrete bottom but will not tell me why. They want to do gunite but also want 10-15K more to do it. The fiberglass/concrete pools that I have looked at are very nice. We are planning on an 18x36 with roman ends, 3ft - 5 1/2 ft, a bench in one end and a swimout with concrete steps. The 60K price also includes about 400sq ft of extra sundecking and the lot falls about 2 1/2 - 3 feet so one side will have to be built up. Price also includes 250000btu gas heater, polaris automatic cleaner, solar blanket, winter cover(spring lock type), cartridge filter, etc... I just want to make sure there isn't anything 'important' that I should know about this type of construction before going forward.

Thanks again