1997 Hotsprings Prodigy Air In The Line After Refill

Buckster

I refilled the tub today and went to turn the breaker on and heard the circ pump sputter a bit. I immediately turned it off and notice that there is about 12 inches of air stuck between the heater and the circ pump. the last time this happened, I burned up the heater. Is their a way to be sure that all of the air is out before I start it again.

Thanks..Bucky

I refilled the tub today and went to turn the breaker on and heard the circ pump sputter a bit. I immediately turned it off and notice that there is about 12 inches of air stuck between the heater and the circ pump. the last time this happened, I burned up the heater. Is their a way to be sure that all of the air is out before I start it again.

Thanks..Bucky

Just loosen the fitting on the circ pump to allow the air to release.

Great thanks, this is what I thought. I tried this last time but did not do a good enough job, so I guess I will need to make sure this time.

Let the air escape from the outlet (higher point). You may hear a little air escape but it may be subtle depending on how much air there is. Just loosen it until you see water start to escape and then you should be ok. The water won't hurt anything, don't close it too soon.

Great thanks, this is what I thought. I tried this last time but did not do a good enough job, so I guess I will need to make sure this time.

Let the air escape from the outlet (higher point). You may hear a little air escape but it may be subtle depending on how much air there is. Just loosen it until you see water start to escape and then you should be ok. The water won't hurt anything, don't close it too soon.

Ok, i let the water run for a bit so now I hope it heats up.