Beachcomber 720?

Hi, everybody. I have been doing a lot of research to buy my first hot tub. I only have about $2,500 to spend, so I'm going with a used tub. I know the features and the selection of mfrs I'd consider, and I know you-all strongly recommend wet-testing.

However...I have a line on a 2003 Beachcomber 720 in perfect condition (except it needs a new cover). The price is right, and I dry-tested it. Wet-testing is not an option but I'm inclined to go ahead anyway. It's a really great tub at a really great price and I have a very good feeling about the person selling it. No BS.

In my price range I can't be too too picky...

Other than the wet test, is there any reason I shouldn't go ahead with this deal?

Hi, everybody. I have been doing a lot of research to buy my first hot tub. I only have about $2,500 to spend, so I'm going with a used tub. I know the features and the selection of mfrs I'd consider, and I know you-all strongly recommend wet-testing.

However...I have a line on a 2003 Beachcomber 720 in perfect condition (except it needs a new cover). The price is right, and I dry-tested it. Wet-testing is not an option but I'm inclined to go ahead anyway. It's a really great tub at a really great price and I have a very good feeling about the person selling it. No BS.

Other than the wet test, is there any reason I shouldn't go ahead with this deal?

With new spas a wet test is very important but with used spas an even more important thing is to see it up and running with water in it. You don't necessarily have to be in it testing it but I would NEVER pay $2500 for a spa that wasn't filled and powered up so I could be sure it held water (with the concrete pad dry and the equipment compartment open) and that all the equipment was seen working. No one would get $2500 from me with a promise that "it was working fine when I had it hooked up". It's not like it free. If it has a leak, needs a new pump and/or controls you don't want to find this out in YOUR back yard.

With new spas a wet test is very important but with used spas an even more important thing is to see it up and running with water in it. You don't necessarily have to be in it testing it but I would NEVER pay $2500 for a spa that wasn't filled and powered up so I could be sure it held water (with the concrete pad dry and the equipment compartment open) and that all the equipment was seen working. No one would get $2500 from me with a promise that "it was working fine when I had it hooked up". It's not like it free. If it has a leak, needs a new pump and/or controls you don't want to find this out in YOUR back yard.