Leaking Pool/low Pressure In Skimmers

Every since the pool was opened this season, it's losing water. It's gunite and the skimnmer valve was replaced when the pool was opened. The pool was not leaking last year. I'm adding about 2 inches of water every other day. I've heard it's very difficult to pinpoint the source of leaks. Any advice on where to start? We bought the house last year so this is our second season. The skimmers have never had much pressure. Not sure what causes this or how to resolve it. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Every since the pool was opened this season, it's losing water. It's gunite and the skimnmer valve was replaced when the pool was opened. The pool was not leaking last year. I'm adding about 2 inches of water every other day. I've heard it's very difficult to pinpoint the source of leaks. Any advice on where to start? We bought the house last year so this is our second season. The skimmers have never had much pressure. Not sure what causes this or how to resolve it. Any help would be great. Thanks!

You might be able to locate it yourself but if not you'll probably need to have a pool service come in and start the process of elimination as to where the leak is. It could be somewhere in your pump area. It could be a crack between your skimmer and the wall of your pool. It could be a cracked pipe that would be identified through conducting a pressure test. Could be a cut in the liner if it's a lined pool. I had a leak one time and it ended up being a hole in my deep end drain and they had to go under with diving tanks and fix. But they have to test and eliminate down the line until they can begin to pinpoint the cause. Good luck.

Easiesy way to find a leak is, close your skimmer valve or valves and only pull from the main drain. Let the pool drain down under normal operation WITHOUT adding water. The water will stop at the leak. If it stops just below the skimmer thats where it is, if it continues to lose water and stops just at a return line then there is a problem with a return line. If it continues to lose water then it most likely is in either the main drain, or the light conduit.