Need Diving Board Advice

We are installing a 20x40 pool and want to include a diving or jump board that will be fun for my two boys, but not too tempting for daredevil stunts. In other words, I think we'd like something with a little more bounce to it than a jumping platform (rigid board on a rigid base), but not as much bounce as a true diving board. We are thinking a rigid board with a springy base (specifically SR Smith's Hip Hop board on Cantilever base) might be the right combo to meet this need, but aren't certain of where this combination might fall in the bounciness scale compared to other options. I've talked with our pool builder, but he's not very forthcoming, and I've sent messages to SR Smith (as a consumer, I can't reach them by phone), but they haven't responded.

So now I turn to all the experts out there in cyberspace. Does anyone have any advice they can offer? I'd especially love to hear from anyone who has the Hip Hop board, with either the Cantilever base, or the rigid base. (My pool builder says even the rigid/rigid combo has some bounce to it, but I don't know whether others would agree with that statement.)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Dear Earthtones,

Thank you for your interest in an S.R.Smith diving board.

I apologize that you haven't heard back from us please let me know what email you contacted us through and I will follow-up to make sure we correct the non-response issue. In regard to your diving board question, it sounds like based on your desire for a little more bounce that the HipHop with Cantilever base would be your best bet - this is a mid-range flex combination. One item that needs to be confirmed before installing any board is to make sure that your pool is diving board compliant...meaning it meets industry safety standards. Your builder should be able to "Type" your pool from the engineered drawings to confirm whether or not you can use a HopHip with Cantilever stand or may need to consider an alternative platform. If he is not able to determine your pool type he can contact our engineering department @ 800.824.4387 (ask for Engineering) and we will assist him with "Typing" the pool.

Please let me know how things work out and again, thanks for your interest in an S.R.Smith diving board.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Fritts

VP Marketing

S.R.Smith

mailto:bfritts@srsmith.com

We are installing a 20x40 pool and want to include a diving or jump board that will be fun for my two boys, but not too tempting for daredevil stunts. In other words, I think we'd like something with a little more bounce to it than a jumping platform (rigid board on a rigid base), but not as much bounce as a true diving board. We are thinking a rigid board with a springy base (specifically SR Smith's Hip Hop board on Cantilever base) might be the right combo to meet this need, but aren't certain of where this combination might fall in the bounciness scale compared to other options. I've talked with our pool builder, but he's not very forthcoming, and I've sent messages to SR Smith (as a consumer, I can't reach them by phone), but they haven't responded.

So now I turn to all the experts out there in cyberspace. Does anyone have any advice they can offer? I'd especially love to hear from anyone who has the Hip Hop board, with either the Cantilever base, or the rigid base. (My pool builder says even the rigid/rigid combo has some bounce to it, but I don't know whether others would agree with that statement.)

Dear Earthtones,

Thank you for your interest in an S.R.Smith diving board.

I apologize that you haven't heard back from us please let me know what email you contacted us through and I will follow-up to make sure we correct the non-response issue. In regard to your diving board question, it sounds like based on your desire for a little more bounce that the HipHop with Cantilever base would be your best bet - this is a mid-range flex combination. One item that needs to be confirmed before installing any board is to make sure that your pool is diving board compliant...meaning it meets industry safety standards. Your builder should be able to "Type" your pool from the engineered drawings to confirm whether or not you can use a HopHip with Cantilever stand or may need to consider an alternative platform. If he is not able to determine your pool type he can contact our engineering department @ 800.824.4387 (ask for Engineering) and we will assist him with "Typing" the pool.

Please let me know how things work out and again, thanks for your interest in an S.R.Smith diving board.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Fritts

VP Marketing

S.R.Smith

mailto:bfritts@srsmith.com