Nanostick/metal Foam Disc

BUBBLES

I am a new hot tub owner and got the itches after my wet tests. My spa dealer recommended using the metal foam disc which is a copper sponge to put in the skimmer to reduce the amount of ZipChlor I have to use which would reduce the dryness on my skin. In my chemical class, I asked amount a Nanostick they had in their Chemical manual that is suppose to eliminate the twice a week shock you have to use. You just have to take it out of the tub every other week and put in in the sun to recharge it. I have well water and had an issue with cloudy water on Friday so I put chlorine free shock and zipchlor on Saturday and it was clear again. I charged the Nanostick on Monday and put it in. My water is getting a little yellowy with a very little bit cloudy. I am not sure if the Nanostick is not working or it is the balance of the copper from the Metal Foam purifier. I use the spa daily and my two kids come in about 2-3 times a week.

Has anyone used the Nanostick? If so, how often did you have to use chlorine & clarifier? How often did you charge it?

Has anyone ever used the metal foam spa purifier? I mistakenly put it in before my water was balanced. Did I ruin it? Do they work well?