Have Pool & (will Have Soon) A Spa

q95

I currently have an above the ground swimming pool. I shock it (chlorine & non-chlorine products) and use chlorine sticks. I plan on having the pool for one to four more years, then get rid of it (kids getting older).

I will be getting a spa soon.

At least for the few summer months (I'm in the upper midwest) where the pool and spa will both be open, should I choose my spa chemicals to be compatible w/ the pool's chlorine ? Or, is the very little amount of transfer of liquid from one to the other not worth it ? I can't imagine my kids will run back and forth much (they're old enough to not be leap frogging around) and my wife and I don't use the pool much a all ! So, maybe its not a big deal ... but I don't want my spa to go nuts if 2-3 people go from the pool to spa ! I'm guessing the amount of water in my pool (like 13,000 gallons) won't be affected much at all by someone going from the spa to the pool.

Any thoughts on my spa selection of chemicals ?

I currently have an above the ground swimming pool. I shock it (chlorine & non-chlorine products) and use chlorine sticks. I plan on having the pool for one to four more years, then get rid of it (kids getting older).

I will be getting a spa soon.

At least for the few summer months (I'm in the upper midwest) where the pool and spa will both be open, should I choose my spa chemicals to be compatible w/ the pool's chlorine ? Or, is the very little amount of transfer of liquid from one to the other not worth it ? I can't imagine my kids will run back and forth much (they're old enough to not be leap frogging around) and my wife and I don't use the pool much a all ! So, maybe its not a big deal ... but I don't want my spa to go nuts if 2-3 people go from the pool to spa ! I'm guessing the amount of water in my pool (like 13,000 gallons) won't be affected much at all by someone going from the spa to the pool.

Any thoughts on my spa selection of chemicals ?

Chlorine and Bromine are compatible with each other as well as with most non chlorine products. The only thing that is not is Baquacil - stay away from Baquacil in either your pool or your spa.