Wavetec

bivs

Wavetec is seriously the biggest scam artists I have dealt with. They lie about everything, don't back anything up with written documentation, don't do anything they say they will, etc.

They put in a crappy pool, don't uphold their so-called warranties and people's pools are still leaking on a daily basis.

Anyone, reading this forum, I would highly advise you to NOT do business with them.

Their pools are crap.

They are waaaaay over priced, etc.

I could go on and on all day and night.

I am now in the middle of a huge lawsuit with these people. And, hope that by checking this forum on a daily basis and reading posts, placing posts, etc, that people will be steered away from Wavetec and they will slowly lose money and lose business.

I just wish that more people knew about this forum.

And, I wish more people would help me and the others that have been screwed and scammed.

• 3 weeks later...

Wavetec is seriously the biggest scam artists I have dealt with. They lie about everything, don't back anything up with written documentation, don't do anything they say they will, etc.

They put in a crappy pool, don't uphold their so-called warranties and people's pools are still leaking on a daily basis.

Anyone, reading this forum, I would highly advise you to NOT do business with them.

Their pools are crap.

I am now in the middle of a huge lawsuit with these people. And, hope that by checking this forum on a daily basis and reading posts, placing posts, etc, that people will be steered away from Wavetec and they will slowly lose money and lose business.

And, I wish more people would help me and the others that have been screwed and scammed.

Gosh if I had only came across this forum b4 I signed the contract with wav tec[/b]! I am going thru the same thing as many of you! We signed the contract on June8th. I was told by the Salesperson and some guy named Brett over the phone that the 30-45 days starts today. So we signed! Well No it don't start until the day of Funding! They said they told us that and they have it recorded.. Ok, I guess I can deal with that. We have had nothing but the run around from them since. We funded on the 6th of July. Since there was confusion about the 30-45 days that they would get the permit started. Well they didn't! We have talked to Jennifer, Jessica, Amy, Mary Ann, Jason, Matt, Todd, and Dana so far and have still yet to get anything started! I was told by Jason that "I picked the wrong time to buy a pool" Oh' really I said, well excuse me, this is our first time of buying a pool and we didn't know! Of course they are backing him up and saying that he didn't say that! He also told me that there was 10 people in front of me. So no telling when they will get started with us. We were also told that there is only 3 contractors in the DFW area! On 7/24/06 I was told by Maryann in the Permit dept. that there are NOW 24 people in front of me and I am going to have to wait my turn. So I think I am going to hang on to the checks until the end and not let them come in my back yard to deliver the parts that we were told from the beginning that they were in the warehouse,(but now they have to order them) and let time go by and when that Oct date comes and no pool! I am going to tell them to stick the pool up there you know what and be done with! What's so funny is that we tried to get out of the contract in the beginning but were told that we were still under contract with wav tec and they were going to charge us 30% of the pool. Which would be $7200, not to mention the $500 that we put down. My question to yall is how many others were told that they were giving you this "Show Pool" and it's at there warehouse because some lady ended up not getting the pool, so it's sitting in the warehouse? Ready and waiting on us!

:wub:

Where are you at? Your story is similary to mine (Burned by WaveTec in Dallas) - I am trying anything and everything to get out of the contract as they have truly cost me the 2K+ I put down, another huge amount in damages, contracter walked off, etc. I am in the Garland Area.

Would you like to exchange numbers? Since we are both in DFW maybe we can find a solution together, because I don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

D

Gosh if I had only came across this forum b4 I signed the contract with wav tec[/b]! I am going thru the same thing as many of you! We signed the contract on June8th. I was told by the Salesperson and some guy named Brett over the phone that the 30-45 days starts today. So we signed! Well No it don't start until the day of Funding! They said they told us that and they have it recorded.. Ok, I guess I can deal with that. We have had nothing but the run around from them since. We funded on the 6th of July. Since there was confusion about the 30-45 days that they would get the permit started. Well they didn't! We have talked to Jennifer, Jessica, Amy, Mary Ann, Jason, Matt, Todd, and Dana so far and have still yet to get anything started! I was told by Jason that "I picked the wrong time to buy a pool" Oh' really I said, well excuse me, this is our first time of buying a pool and we didn't know! Of course they are backing him up and saying that he didn't say that! He also told me that there was 10 people in front of me. So no telling when they will get started with us. We were also told that there is only 3 contractors in the DFW area! On 7/24/06 I was told by Maryann in the Permit dept. that there are NOW 24 people in front of me and I am going to have to wait my turn. So I think I am going to hang on to the checks until the end and not let them come in my back yard to deliver the parts that we were told from the beginning that they were in the warehouse,(but now they have to order them) and let time go by and when that Oct date comes and no pool! I am going to tell them to stick the pool up there you know what and be done with! What's so funny is that we tried to get out of the contract in the beginning but were told that we were still under contract with wav tec and they were going to charge us 30% of the pool. Which would be $7200, not to mention the $500 that we put down. My question to yall is how many others were told that they were giving you this "Show Pool" and it's at there warehouse because some lady ended up not getting the pool, so it's sitting in the warehouse? Ready and waiting on us!

:wub:

Where are you at? Your story is similary to mine (Burned by WaveTec in Dallas) - I am trying anything and everything to get out of the contract as they have truly cost me the 2K+ I put down, another huge amount in damages, contracter walked off, etc. I am in the Garland Area.

Would you like to exchange numbers? Since we are both in DFW maybe we can find a solution together, because I don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

D

Burned By Wavetec in dallas, can you tell me who your contractor was? I live in Cleburne and am going thru some **** with them too.. I was told that there were 10 pools in front of me then there saying 24! I have not heard from them in over a week since I asked for 20 happy references. I need to get out of this contract.... Please help anyone?!?

I agree totally with everyone here. I was a lucky one and cancelled my contract within the 3 day grace period and yesterday got my deposit back. I believe we should alert the local news channel possibly FOX 4 and get them out to one of the houses they have started a while back and still not gotten it completed and get the word out not to do business with this shady company. I wish I could help others all I can do is hopefully prevent someone from making the same mistake we almost made. I feel truely sorry for all of you that got stuck before you found this info, but something needs to be done about this company.

• 3 weeks later...

Burned By Wavetec in dallas, can you tell me who your contractor was? I live in Cleburne and am going thru some **** with them too.. I was told that there were 10 pools in front of me then there saying 24! I have not heard from them in over a week since I asked for 20 happy references. I need to get out of this contract.... Please help anyone?!?

Ok, now there saying that they can't get thru my backyard by taking down a fence which was agreed on when we signed the contract. It's either take down my flower garden or give them access to my neighbors yard. I don't want to do either. I was told that there was a another house in my neighbor hood that is getting a pool built first. So my husband and I drove over there and OMGOSH! The mess that he has made has really scared us. Big pile of dirt in the front and dirt all over the streets. The back yard has 2 piles of dirt. He knocked down a fence in there neighbors yard. Almost hit a power line and knocked down a tree. The harror of this yard has made me what to Get out of this contract worse now than ever. I have a question... We were told in the beginning that the access that we have provided is enough and "Not a Problem" But now it's not. So if they can't get back there then now what? We want out of the contract and told Jason this and he said that's fine but you have to pay 30% of the price to get out! Even thou they can't get back there. Why is this my fault? I gave them access the only access that I have and I have discussed this with everyone that works with Wav Tec and it was "Not a problem"! Also in my contract there is a place on there for some reason I didn't sign. I dont know why or how I got away with this, but I did. Only my husband signed this section. All the other places was signed by both of us or initial. So since my signature isn't on one section can I get out of the contract? Also It says in the contract that Purchaser must give Contractor 15 ft of empty work space. Well I don't have that at all and the Salesman knew this. So do I have a ledge to stand on at all?

I think we need to all Pull together on this company and take'm Down!

Thanks in advance for your answers....

• 3 weeks later...

I have been fighting with wave tec for almost a year. I just yesterday sent pictures of the concrete deck around my pool that is falling apart. One area is so big I can put my finger in the crack. I finally threatened them with exposure to all my local TV stations then I would go to the National Networks before I got a real person to talk to. I am looking for someone that has started a class action lawsuit to join, and think all of us in this forum should join together and see if this can be fixed. I have been informed that the finance company used to finance these pools is owned by the same man that owns wave-tec. I think any suit should include both companies because thay are in collusion to scam everyone.

Helen

Their pools are crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...