New Pool Coping And Deck Choices

tkukla

Were in the process of having a new pool installed, the pool is liner type with galvanized steel side panels that have concrete poured around the bottom to hold in place, there also steel angle iron that comes up from the concrete on angle outward to help support the deck. I'm rethinking the deck choices. we live in CT our back yard is wooded and want to keep a more natural feel to the pool area, so we originally thought that a blue stone deck would work, then we were informed that that might get very hot to walk on and rough edges etc. might make that a bad choice. So now I'm thinking of stamped concrete, pavers, or basic concrete patio with an epoxy coat or on top that looks like blue stone. Then there is the issue of coping we want about half way around the pool to be just the minimum amount of coping and have grass and landscaping up to it. I was told by one contractor that there should be a 3’ deck area around the pool to keep water from getting down next to the side panel and causing frost heaves ( is he just trying to sell more concrete) Is there any problem with frost heaving? What type of coping would be best natural stone, dyed concrete etc., also after the coping goes down I understand that the fill around the pool needs to settle for 30 days before concrete can be poured is that also true for pavers.