Pump Suggestions?

Grace

We had a brand new Duraglass pump installed earlier this season. Because our pool was just opened a couple of weeks ago, the basket in the pump gets filled with crap fast. The other night I opened the pump, removed the basket, cleaned it out and put it back in. Now, the pump isn't filling the Trap Body like it has before. The water just easily pours into the basket area where before it filled the area completely. I took the top off the pump and put it back on, but it's still not filling like before. I know it doesn't have to fill completely, as long as water is still filling the pump, but I can tell in the skimmer that the suction isn't there and also the returns are pushing the water out like before and now I'm stumped.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing? I backwashed and that doesn't seem to fix it. I hate my pool.

I can't wait to sell me house! :)

We had a brand new Duraglass pump installed earlier this season. Because our pool was just opened a couple of weeks ago, the basket in the pump gets filled with crap fast. The other night I opened the pump, removed the basket, cleaned it out and put it back in. Now, the pump isn't filling the Trap Body like it has before. The water just easily pours into the basket area where before it filled the area completely. I took the top off the pump and put it back on, but it's still not filling like before. I know it doesn't have to fill completely, as long as water is still filling the pump, but I can tell in the skimmer that the suction isn't there and also the returns are pushing the water out like before and now I'm stumped.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing? I backwashed and that doesn't seem to fix it. I hate my pool.

I can't wait to sell me house! :)

Don't hate your pool, it may help to sell your house! Go back to the pump basket, check the o-ring, make sure there's no grit or sand on it and make sure you have a good seal on the pump and try it again. If you're getting a lot of fine dirt trapped in the pump basket, you may want to try trapping that dirt in the skimmer basket first. You can go to the local pool store and see if they have something called a "bug house" or "filter saver". It's a thing kinda like a pantyhose that you put over the skimmer basket to trap the fine stuff before it gets to the pump. Or you could make one yourself out of an old panyhose. Good Luck!