Fix Old Sundance Or Go New?!?

tobz

First time poster here - please forgive me if I inadvertantly drop a match :wacko:. I've read a lot of posts over the weekend - thanks to all for great advice on things to keep in mind if I go new!

I have a 7+ year old Sundance spa that came with the house I bought. Ozone generator (UV bulb style) went a couple years ago, never got the right replacement. The jets just don't seem like they're putting out the pressure they used to (not to mention a little spa shopping has probably shifted my expectations a bit). Busted side panel door from carless plumber working on another job.

So I'm struggling a bit with deciding if it's worth the money overhauling the old one or paying more for a significant step up in cleaning systems, cabinet materials and jet desgin. I've looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard and Sundance Cameo. The dealer quoted me $8900 on the Vanguard (however seems like he's throwing in the farm - cover, lifter, steps, silver, lifetime ceramic filters, electrical, tax). Seems a little high to me as someone else mentioned $7200 in another post, however not sure of the accessories. I'm in Phoenix, so this is definately the time of year to buy! I'm going to check out a Dimension One dealer today. Looked at the Master Spas online and I'm not sure if I'm too excited about the designs on paper.

Specifics I think I like already - the HS had 5 filters! Love the ceramic fabric filters, sort of like DE pool filters, never have to replace - supposedly just toss them in the dishwasher. Hate the cartrigdes! Also like the 24 hour circulation pump w/ ozinator - think this is pretty common though.

Can you give me an idea of what besides the pump could be responsible for the weak jet pressure of my old spa (it's all of them, not just one)?

Any advice on other mfgs/models to look at? Sorry, I know this is a loaded question!

I've looked at the Hot Springs Vanguard and Sundance Cameo. The dealer quoted me $8900 on the Vanguard (however seems like he's throwing in the farm - cover, lifter, steps, silver, lifetime ceramic filters, electrical, tax). Seems a little high to me as someone else mentioned $7200 in another post, however not sure of the accessories.

It was I that posted about the HS Vanguard. $7199 included the cover, steps, start up chems, delivery and setup which I assume includes hooking up electrical to a preinstalled box. I paid $250 extra for the lifter. After tax, I walked out the door at $7958.44. I'm not sure what silver is, and I didn't get lifetime filters. Are they worth $941.56? This is in a town of 30,000 in Arkansas. Sounds like youu could bring 'em down a bit.

It was I that posted about the HS Vanguard. $7199 included the cover, steps, start up chems, delivery and setup which I assume includes hooking up electrical to a preinstalled box. I paid $250 extra for the lifter. After tax, I walked out the door at $7958.44. I'm not sure what silver is, and I didn't get lifetime filters. Are they worth $941.56? This is in a town of 30,000 in Arkansas. Sounds like youu could bring 'em down a bit.

Thanks for the additional info. The silver is the cartridge for the ion purification system? Something like that. The lifetime filters are the Tri-X filters that supposedly last 10+ years ($300 from the dealer). Plus there was a filter that goes on the end of the hose for filling the spa. I'm in Phoenix and this is the only Hot Springs dealer in the city according to Hot Spring's website. I'm sure the premium strip mall location ratchets the price up a bit.

I need to decide whether I'm going Vanguard or the Sundance Cameo, then I can start haggling.

Thanks for the info!