Sundance Capri 06 Vs Capri 08 - Sales Tricks

Good morning, afternoon, good evening....

Wife and I have been wet testing every tub imaginable, and finally have decided on the Sundance Capri.......we wet tested the 08 Capri & Dover....and doing our due diligence we told the salesman we were not willing to "make a deal" on the spot....out came the heavy hitters, the "owners", to try and get something on paper........well, the Capri 08 on sale was listed at 8999, just out of our range. As we heed and hawed, they said they had a brand new Capri 06' from a deal gone bad, that they could make a deal on. Of course they stated it was a tub in the same price range as a two year newer tub, the 08'.

Does anyone know what the list price was on a Capri 06'?

The tub does not have a radio, just the stock tub, with a CD Ozone.

What are the feature differences of the two?

Are there any big negatives or problems identified with this model/year?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning, afternoon, good evening....

Wife and I have been wet testing every tub imaginable, and finally have decided on the Sundance Capri.......we wet tested the 08 Capri & Dover....and doing our due diligence we told the salesman we were not willing to "make a deal" on the spot....out came the heavy hitters, the "owners", to try and get something on paper........well, the Capri 08 on sale was listed at 8999, just out of our range. As we heed and hawed, they said they had a brand new Capri 06' from a deal gone bad, that they could make a deal on. Of course they stated it was a tub in the same price range as a two year newer tub, the 08'.

Does anyone know what the list price was on a Capri 06'?

The tub does not have a radio, just the stock tub, with a CD Ozone.

What are the feature differences of the two?

Are there any big negatives or problems identified with this model/year?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I can't comment on the differences between the 06 and 08 models but I would go to the SD web site and download the 06 Capri manual and compare features between the two. The Capri is an 880 series spa and is the SD high end with the newest technology they have to offer. The dealer should give you a pretty good break for the 06, even though they are both new. IMO, ten percent off the 08 price is reasonable.

Did they mention whether that '06 was at least still partially warrantied? They need to move that '06 more than you need to buy it. How much did they want for it because it should be a smoking deal for you if they are serious.

spatech,

I am assuming it is a brand new 06 with full warranty. I agree, they need to move it.

Did they mention whether that '06 was at least still partially warrantied? They need to move that '06 more than you need to buy it. How much did they want for it because it should be a smoking deal for you if they are serious.

spatech,

I am assuming it is a brand new 06 with full warranty. I agree, they need to move it.

I agree with you but when the dealer says "deal gone bad" the customer should be thorough and ask to be sure it was never delivered and that Sundance hasn't started the clock on teh warranty. As we've both said, they need to move it so it should be a sweet deal if they're serious.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI, I bought a 2007 Capri in September 2007 from a dealer in Seattle. The all-in price w/ ozone, cover, etc was $7,200.

I'm making a similar comparison: an 07 Capri on the floor vs an '08 Dover. The Dover is about $1300 less (and more in my price range) but I'm not sure how important the differences will be or '07 vs '08 differences. Also considering the HotSprings Jetsetter for a couple hundred less than the Dover. I need to wet test the Sundance spas. Looking for feedback. Thanks!