Fiberglass Or Vinyl Liner Which One

lanbe

My wife and I are in the process of putting in an inground pool. We can't deceide which way to go. Somebody that has done both fiberglass and liner please share your thoughts. We are first time pool buyers but always took care of one growing up. (above ground) Please give us the pros and cons.

Thank you

I do strictly fiberglass pools, but I did put in a couple of vinyl liners many years ago. I found them to be much more labor intensive to install, and I didn't like the idea of putting in a pool that I knew sooner or later the customer would have the expense of installing a new liner. I would have to say that at least half the people I have built pools for let their dogs swim in the pool as well, and that could be a real issue for a vinyl liner. If the vinyl liner is put in correctly it can be a trouble free pool for years, but you know that some day you will have to eat the cost of a liner replacement.