Refurbishing Our Inground Pool

Arline

We have an older pool that is in need of a remodel. It's a 20 x 40 rectangular pool, originally gunnite (sp?) but the previous owners put fiberglass over the gunnite. They claim it wasn't because of cracks, they just thought fiberglass was a better option. I would like to remove the fiberglass and have the pool resurfaced (heard Pebbletec is good, but expensive), change out the tiling and coping, as well as the pool deck and the older pool equipment. We live in Marin County. I'm ready to get bids but would love recommendations or referrals for pool companies. Thank you.

Hi

well, in your situation i would remove the fiberglass myself. Then have a local contractor come in and plaster it. Choose you tile and coping and have them put that in for you too...

You might consider putting an saltwater\chlorinator in, with that you need to change the filter that is suitable for saltwater pools.

\\\ might as well change the pump to while you at it....

flex