Pool Heater

mal

Is there anyone out there form North Jersey that can advise on a inground pool heater. Which is better,

gas heater or heat pump. I am hearing a heat pump is only good for the south and does not keep your

pool warm in the north. Also - any specific brand recommended??

Is there anyone out there form North Jersey that can advise on a inground pool heater. Which is better,

gas heater or heat pump. I am hearing a heat pump is only good for the south and does not keep your

In north jersey you won't find many heat pumps. I service a few pools that have them but not enough to say good or bad(most are on above ground pools). If you go with gas either raypak/ ruud or jandy are good units. I prefer the raypak/ruud just for the ease of use. I would also recommend electronic over standing pilot heater.

In north jersey you won't find many heat pumps. I service a few pools that have them but not enough to say good or bad(most are on above ground pools). If you go with gas either raypak/ ruud or jandy are good units. I prefer the raypak/ruud just for the ease of use. I would also recommend electronic over standing pilot heater.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO INSTALLED ONE LAST YEAR. IT WORKED GREAT KEPT POOL AT ABOUT 80 ALONG WITH A SOLAR COVER AT NIGHT. WHY DO YOU THINK THE REASON IS THAT YOU DONT FIND MANY IN NJ. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST COMING OUT AND ABOUT? THEY SAY THEY ARE MADE FOR TEMPS OF 40 TO 50 DEGREES.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO INSTALLED ONE LAST YEAR. IT WORKED GREAT KEPT POOL AT ABOUT 80 ALONG WITH A SOLAR COVER AT NIGHT. WHY DO YOU THINK THE REASON IS THAT YOU DONT FIND MANY IN NJ. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST COMING OUT AND ABOUT? THEY SAY THEY ARE MADE FOR TEMPS OF 40 TO 50 DEGREES.

The main reason is cost $5k or more for a good heat pump vs $2500 or so for a gas heater. Also for alot of people 80 isn't warm enough. You find them alot more in warm climates with less of a temp swing.they take longer to heat, they also don't work at temps below 50 or so. around here in the spring and fall it will get below 50 at night